NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

I know Angry_Games was playing with this at the start, but has any one had much success with 4 sticks of ram in this board?

I want 2Gb of memory and already have 2 x 512 Dual Channel and wonder if I am better of shelling out for 2 x 1024 Dual channel or just get another 2 x 512 to match the existing?

Cheers

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get 4 sticks to work but overclocking will be lower normaly.. But for memory intence games and apps they dont rely on memory speed as much , and they do total memory storage... But should still try to get CPU up as high as possible.. And I think some have reported you have to run 2T .. 4 sticks on mine I have to run 2T onless they are single sided Dimms

I used the NF3ID815.exe and let it create the bootable flash floppy. I altered the Autoexec.bat file like so:

@echo off

cls

@ECHO OFF

A:AWDFLASH NF3ID815.bin /f/cc

echo "The version of BIOS was inaccurate,"

echo "Please remove the floppy, download the right one and re-flash."

@ECHO OFF

But where did you find the .exe file, i just found the .zip. I tried Here the 815 and can't even get to windows. I'm excited about this BIOS because mine showed the DDR500 support.

and, why remove the IHS from your processor? is it better for overclocking? the max i got here was 2720, i think i can go more or m venice is bad for over?

It wont realy help with Overclocking unless you are having a heat issue.. And need that extra 5 to 8 degree C cooler to run stable.. May get you a few more MHZ .. But not alot.. And you can put a temp probe right on the DIE for more accurate temps You can do it with the Zip file also just have to edit the auto exec file.. the replace to one on the floppy disk with it.... CREDIT TO O_G ..

I have zipped it with changes And checking it to make sure it works ok.. Will repost soon with results

OK Small report INSERT key works on mine :-( just found out the Hard way:-( :-( Bliknker scratches head and looks as confused as a little child in trouble.. HEHEHE

Back to my corner to stare a while

I think you need to take a break blinker :D

I think you need to take a break blinker :D

HUMMMMMMMMM

I have the edited autoexe batch If anyone wants it they can pm Me.. As I dont think I can post it.. But use at own risk... EDIT CREDIT O_G

Back to my corner .. Blinker Takes break .. PER O_G.. Head gettin raw

Guest bobyjo

JasonX::Adjustable pots on the rails simply means you are able to adjust the amper rating on the 3.3v rail, 5v rail, and 12v rail..

This means the power coming out of the powersupply can be adjusted.

As far as adjusting the volt rating on the VDIMM slots, this has to be done in the bios settings.

To start with the powersupply is responsible to getting ample power to the motherboard. The motherboard has a power regulater built in it. That power regulater may be a two phase, 3 phase, 4 phase, you will have to check the mfg ratings on the board to know which one. I would think DFI would be using a 4 phase regulater.

The powerregulater is responsible for getting the necessary voltage to the various departments of the mobo.

The bios iss where you set the voltage for various components in the board. If your powersupply is enadequent in the supply to the mobo, the power regulater does not have adequate power to divide between different areas on the board. So none of the components are performing up to par due to not enough power.

A powersupply is one area that too much is much better than not enough.

There is more to all this but this would be a synopsys of something.

SKULL PRACTICE

You can get 4 sticks to work but overclocking will be lower normaly.. But for memory intence games and apps they dont rely on memory speed as much , and they do total memory storage... But should still try to get CPU up as high as possible.. And I think some have reported you have to run 2T .. 4 sticks on mine I have to run 2T onless they are single sided Dimms

So should I be able to maintain my current speed?

I have my ram locked at 333Mhz atm as 400Mhz is unstalble on my 602 bios but for me 602 seems more stable than any other bios released yet.

Cheers

So should I be able to maintain my current speed?

I have my ram locked at 333Mhz atm as 400Mhz is unstalble on my 602 bios but for me 602 seems more stable than any other bios released yet.

Cheers

that will depend on youre memory and how good youre memory controller is.. If you are trying 4 stcks of Memory use the divider and go for as high a CPU clock as possibe. I would think with good memory you should be able to go a little Higher than 240HTT X10 since it lowers the memory working frequency>. May also want to drop the CPU Multiplier and see if you can get more Memory speed and More CPU MHZ.