NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Hey guys, it's been a long 100-something pages since I've posted. I'm glad to see that there's still people here trying to hammer out all the issues this board has. Not sure if this should be posted here, but I've run into a new problem with this board.

Recently added another pair of Mushkin L2V2 with the original set. All 4 have the same SPD programming and are same TCCDs. Memtest86+ runs these fine all day at DDR400 defaults no problems, but once I hit Windows it'll lock or BSOD. Installing a fresh copy is a chore. What gives? CMD is 2T, of course. Also tried Kakaroto's setting's over at XtremeSys without avail. Stumped... TIA!

Have you tried 333(166) just to see if it still bsod's? I know you need CPC 2T which you are already doing...Don't know what else to tell ya :O

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, it's been a long 100-something pages since I've posted. I'm glad to see that there's still people here trying to hammer out all the issues this board has. Not sure if this should be posted here, but I've run into a new problem with this board.

Recently added another pair of Mushkin L2V2 with the original set. All 4 have the same SPD programming and are same TCCDs. Memtest86+ runs these fine all day at DDR400 defaults no problems, but once I hit Windows it'll lock or BSOD. Installing a fresh copy is a chore. What gives? CMD is 2T, of course. Also tried Kakaroto's setting's over at XtremeSys without avail. Stumped... TIA!

Have you tried bumping up the DRAM voltage about .1-.2v just to see if that clears up the problem. I know TCCD can run well without a lot of volts, but maybe 4 sticks together would like just a tiny bit more than what is being supplied. I hope this helps ya.

Guest bobyjo

Mushkin likes around 2.8-2.9volts to run really well.

I don't know where you have the settings now. As old guy suggested trying a divider to slow down your memory.

Try 166, or even 133 if that does not work, this is gonna slow down the memory so much the performance is gonna suck.

At least if you can get this thing going, then we could work on getting the speed back up to where the performance will be acceptable.

what bios do you people use for the DFI NF3 ultra D? where can I get a modded one?

fyi, sure hope my X2 3800 works on on it properly... :confused:

I'm currently getting good results with beta 815 but I seem to be one of the few...

I haven't heard of anyone having issues with X2's...good to go right out of the box.

New install is a choir.. Yes .. But BSOD are just about always Driver caused.. It may be that the drivers Dont like the Memory.. Strange but true... Do you still get the BSOD If you take out the ADDITIONAL Memory.. ?Or does it still do it? You most likely had a error during a driver initiation And could have corrupted it. Have you done a chkdisk? Memory running error free in memtest doesnt mean It will in windows...

All kinds of possibilities

Blinker Sprints back to corner..

Where is this 815 BIOS....I'm at the official DFI website right now and the latest BIOS I see in their downloads section is 711 unless I'm simply looking in the wrong place =/

click on the downloads link at the top. Bottom of the next page displayed will have "beta site" toward the bottom...pick that then your mobo from product list for bios...

ok installed windows fine, chucked all the rest of my stuff on, now started just upping ram speed, so far at 230mhz, it's corsair 4400 so rated for 275, still on 602 bios, u guys think i should flash? 250 failed out of hand.. stuck .4+ on processor, ram at 2.9 reckon I should go up some more volts on processor?

I'm but a piece of clay awaiting some moulding :P Cooling is like a science so no worries there.. I just would like best I can manage on each bios.. by the way, I only run at 1T, heck u pay for the best, you expect the best no? I want to grab at least 300 maybe 290x11 would be ok.. but I gotta be at 1t!

I got 3dmark 2001 and superpi to test, i have leadtek 6800GT clocked at 410/1.1 (read ultra) 3d2001 score was 25.9k :)

waiting for you guys to clock this 3700 diego :)

fire away

ok installed windows fine, chucked all the rest of my stuff on, now started just upping ram speed, so far at 230mhz, it's corsair 4400 so rated for 275, still on 602 bios, u guys think i should flash? 250 failed out of hand.. stuck .4+ on processor, ram at 2.9 reckon I should go up some more volts on processor?

I'm but a piece of clay awaiting some moulding :P Cooling is like a science so no worries there.. I just would like best I can manage on each bios.. by the way, I only run at 1T, heck u pay for the best, you expect the best no? I want to grab at least 300 maybe 290x11 would be ok.. but I gotta be at 1t!

I got 3dmark 2001 and superpi to test, i have leadtek 6800GT clocked at 410/1.1 (read ultra) 3d2001 score was 25.9k :)

waiting for you guys to clock this 3700 diego :)

fire away

You may be in for a rude awakening and some serious head bangin if you insist on imposing your will upon this mobo :) It either will or it won't do certain things no matter how much you adjust or curse...

Drop yer multiplier down to 8 for testing the memory. Also be aware that although I was memtest error free with my OCZ PC4800 they would not boot into windows at 1T. Period. Memtest til the cows came home and did a little dance but still no go into windows at 1T. All other memory (except Kingston KVR) booted into windows at 1T (mushkin, g.skill, corsair, pqi, patriot)...This is with 602. 711 let me use them at 1T but only in the yellow slots. Haven't tried them with 815 but I can tell you 1T performance is down 20mhz with my XBLK's...I think maybe 815 was geared more for high buss speed and TCCD and 2T...just a thought/theory.

Go up a few post's on this page..............

Yes...Again :)

Thank you I missed that.

I'm just noting that it seems the Ultra version is lacking some features that the Gb version has. I know I don't use those features but it's nice to know that their there. I would like to keep the NV ethernet for example, I do use that. But it seems I'll have to use that other one now..at least after I install. That's a whole separate driver... :rolleyes: