NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea's on how to get 4x512mb of ram working?

I've had a quick look around but have not been able to find anything to help me.

winchester cores will run DDR333 @ 2T

you will have to put only one or two stick of RAM in first, boot up, go into DRAM Config, and set it for 166 memory divider and CPC Disabled. Save & exit, make sure it boots, shut it off, insert the other 2 sticks of RAM (MAKE SURE THEY ARE 4 MATCHING DIMMs!!!!) and then turn on.

winchester cores will run DDR333 @ 2T

you will have to put only one or two stick of RAM in first, boot up, go into DRAM Config, and set it for 166 memory divider and CPC Disabled. Save & exit, make sure it boots, shut it off, insert the other 2 sticks of RAM (MAKE SURE THEY ARE 4 MATCHING DIMMs!!!!) and then turn on.

Cool thanks I'll give that a go...

nope that didn't work... my system is also very unstable now... i am most depressed about it... I just want to be able to play BF2 :( its not even stable at the same setting that my last mobo was stable at.

Going to try 2T see if that helps

UK release on this board is at the end of August 2005 please check the

web site after next month

Oh get ****ed. I wonder if the engineers over at DFI actually comprehend how much people that have bought this board have suffered thanks to all the problems that have plagued the board thus far.

It's hard enough getting an RMA down here when something is legitimately wrong with it - there's so little chance of me being able to swap for a Rev2 board now.

---dens

Guest Trippin

at least ...they could fix the cold boot issue! i guess they just wanted to make a quick buck off us agp users...IMHO version one of this board was not ready for primetime

Guest bobyjo

Angry James::::I purchased a new DFI LP UT nF3 U D from NewEgg. I received this board Tuesday this week. The system was very unstable, so I elected to flash to the 711 bios. I downloaded the bios from another system, made the floppy and proceeded to flash. All seemed to be OK, after clearing the cmos, the system came up looking for the floppy disk. The bios chip is blank. Will you aid me in getting a new bios chip? I have tried everything I know attempting to get the flash program to reflash the chip. It gets about 1/4 way through, then stops. Will not go any farther. This is the first time I have ever expierenced anything like this. Have heard of it, just neved done it.

i personally think it has something to do with your RAM...

i have had a "BIOS Checksum Error" a few times when i was overclocking...

clear your BIOS...a full clear, do the jumper and take out the battery and leave it overnight...

and put ONE stick of RAM into the slot closest the CPU, and see how that goes...