NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

If yer really talking about the "chipset voltage control" then no, no problem as that's where mine is running.

If yer talking ablout "cpu vid control" and "cpu voltage adjusting" for your cpu then 1.7~1.8v won't hold you back, your cpu overclock is either gonna post/boot into windows or it's not once you've reached a certain point. Your mobo ain't gonna hold you back ;) Your CPU may not want to cooperate with what you ask of it.............

yea i was talking about the chipset voltage controll. thats wierd 1.85 wont POST. And I think it is my mobo holding me back. My last board wouldnt let me pass 300, this one wont let me pass 309, both times ive tested by dropping multiplier to 7 and the same exact thing happens at 310 with any multiplier...

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Subhuman

Hello,my 1st post here and I have a few questions.I've read through pretty much every post on here and find it very difficult to sort due to overclocking being mixed in with normal operational criteria.Makes it very very confusing.IMHO the overclocking should be in a seperate thread.

Anyways heres my questions about this board.

1.Wich SATA port(s) best to use with 1 drive and no overclocking?

2.Wich color DIMM sockets to use for my memory (I can't get my memory to run at 1t stable.Runs just fine in my MSI K8N Neo2 board.)

hey all,

well, i've ordered this board, be here in a few days...anybody here use the Zalman 7000-cu as a CPU cooler??? is there any conflict with the 2 SATA ports near the CPU socket???

if i understand correctly, those 2 ports are the 2 locked ports, and since i want to overclock, i need to use the locked SATA ports (boot from a SATA-RAID array!)

I have that cooler and thoes and am using thoes SATA ports. It works fine. You may have to take your videocard out to get your fingers down there, but with some crafty handwork, you can plug em in after the HSF is installed. Its not too hard...

Hello,my 1st post here and I have a few questions.I've read through pretty much every post on here and find it very difficult to sort due to overclocking being mixed in with normal operational criteria.Makes it very very confusing.IMHO the overclocking should be in a seperate thread.

Anyways heres my questions about this board.

1.Wich SATA port(s) best to use with 1 drive and no overclocking?

2.Wich color DIMM sockets to use for my memory (I can't get my memory to run at 1t stable.Runs just fine in my MSI K8N Neo2 board.)

1. Doesnt matter, flip a coin.

2. Mine are in the orange and overclocked and at 1T, it seems the orange are the good ones for 1T.

Guest Subhuman
1. Doesnt matter, flip a coin.

2. Mine are in the orange and overclocked and at 1T, it seems the orange are the good ones for 1T.

OK,I stuck 'em "back" into the orange slots and set timing back to 1T,booted and upon entering WinXP immediately got a BSOD message saying something about IRQ blah blah blah This motherboard seems pretty damn flaky to me compared to my Neo2.My Neo2 booted up 1st time immaculately and has run so ever since with the exact same components.I find it pathetic that after 9 months of most socket 939 AGP boards having been marketed that DFI can't even get a stock stable running board on the market.And that after all the hullbaloo about DFI's quality and overclockability.Hell this board was actually advertised 1 year ago even at Compudex or whatever.I remember seeing it on Toms Hardware Guide dated June '04!

Anyways,if you're thinking it's all just bios issues,then why isn't there a new bios to fix it? Because I'm about ready to repackage this POS and send it right back for a refund and return to the trusty Neo2.

All in all I also have to say that I am also never going to invest in another AMD set-up ever.These systems are nothing but a royal PITA.

I've never had so many freeken problems with any Intel set-ups as I've had with AMD's.Not to mention the hundreds and hundreds of hours having to wade through forums/threads trying figure out problems.

ok my best result so far,

t° ambiant = 26°c

spi32m280016v1ta64tweaker8rz.th.png

after taking off the ihs and one day burning at 1.728v (cpu z report) , I have finally succeed at 2.8ghz with 1.6v , but my mem controler seems to be weak , because I top the max 1t at 257 and I need to put the trcd at 4 insteed I can pas memtest up to 260 2.5/3/3/5/1t .

Some more bad news..http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showth...8671#post938671

I was looking forward to running my vx on this board.

Would have been nice if he had offered up a little more than "you can no longer do it on this board"...Be a shame if it really isn't possible...I notice on his K8 mods page he doesn'y have any bios for the LP NF4. Wonder if it's a S939 thing?? His 504 vmodd is working great in my LP 754 and I oh so wanted to blow some more money on another Powerstream :nod:

Looks like I'll spend a lil and try a DDR booster. I really want to use my redlines in the 939 but they perform their best with 3.4v............... guess one way or another OCZ is gonna get more of my money

Would have been nice if he had offered up a little more than "you can no longer do it on this board"...Be a shame if it really isn't possible...I notice on his K8 mods page he doesn'y have any bios for the LP NF4. Wonder if it's a S939 thing?? His 504 vmodd is working great in my LP 754 and I oh so wanted to blow some more money on another Powerstream :nod:

Looks like I'll spend a lil and try a DDR booster. I really want to use my redlines in the 939 but they perform their best with 3.4v............... guess one way or another OCZ is gonna get more of my money

I have xp4000 redline + ddr booster, it seems to be working fine, but the dividers don't work at ALL! O and i finally got my 3DMark01Se scores on stock and stuff. VERY disappointed, can someone figure out wat's going on?

Stock Everything:

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8635752

401/1180 GFX

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8635788

Overclocked CPU/GFX 260 x11/x3 1:1 425/1201

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8634719

Is this normal, such small increases...

Guest Subhuman

So is the 628 bios from the beta section on DFI's website viable or a no-go? Will that help my problem's with running stable at 1t mem timing?

hey guys, im still a newb in overclocking.. i have a 3700 SD at home and my neo 2 platinum is acting all wacky on me. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt and so on... How do u find the nf3 ultra 939 with the SD? can u guys get high overclocks???

So is the 628 bios from the beta section on DFI's website viable or a no-go? Will that help my problem's with running stable at 1t mem timing?

no, i dont think so. most people cant get 1T working yet. but take a look at this . 1T and 2T dont make that much difference.