Who answers Telemarketing polls?

33 members have voted

1. 1.

• All the time!!!
    • Only sometimes
    • i dont
    • Only when i want to rag on them and had a bad day.

I like many others, support the troops 100% and always will. That being said, Iraq will be a complete waste if it becomes an Islamic state like Iran. And its looking more like that will happen unless we stay there indefinitely. Nationalism is a strange animal; while the Iraqis are happy that Saddam is gone, they don't much care for our presence. Name one country that has enjoyed being occupied by a foreign nation.

Personally, I would have much rather seen us go after Iran agressively but that won't be happening any time soon since we are preoccupied in Iraq. Don't believe me? Just read what Richard Myers had to say yesterday about troops being spread too thin.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always consider the source and the motives behind the news you read. A poll can be constructed in such a way to provide the results sought.

As far as individual views about our government and leaders, I try to keep some perspective. President Franklin Delano Roosevelt is the great hero of the Democratic party yet he lied and concealed things to draw the United States into World War II. How many American citizens died in that war? He was the chief architect of the current welfare state. President Lyndon Johnson escalated the Vietnam war after President John F Kennedy started sending "advisors" into Vietnam to aid the French Colonial government(covering the French again).

Always consider the source and the motives behind the news you read. A poll can be constructed in such a way to provide the results sought.

As far as individual views about our government and leaders, I try to keep some perspective. President Franklin Delano Roosevelt is the great hero of the Democratic party yet he lied and concealed things to draw the United States into World War II. How many American citizens died in that war? He was the chief architect of the current welfare state. President Lyndon Johnson escalated the Vietnam war after President John F Kennedy started sending "advisors" into Vietnam to aid the French Colonial government(covering the French again).

Good point! The only difference is that those guys could do what they needed to do and the public really didn't know about it as much as now thanks to mass media.

Good point! The only difference is that those guys could do what they needed to do and the public really didn't know about it as much as now thanks to mass media.

The media knew about it but didn't to report it because it fit their agenda.

I love how JFK got us into Viet Nam and Nixon got us out but Nixon is a villan and JFK is a hero. Dont forget it is how you look and who your frends are not what you do. The press really does serve its own ends first and the public a very distant second. That and their idea of a good is pretty messed up most of the time.

I dont agree with pres bush and this war but to compare him to hitler is just f@##Ing ridiculious... hitler and his death troopers sent 6 million to the grave,bush the prick may be in it for the money but he isnt a murderer like hitler was...

As for our soldiers I support them fully and wish them a safe return as soon as possible

I wish there was no war but as time will tell you there will allways be war,too many greedy jerkoffs running countries ,too many religious freaks who think you should live life like them

just too many and its a sad world...

Blackend is the end...

I dont agree with pres bush and this war but to compare him to hitler is just f@##Ing ridiculious... hitler and his death troopers sent 6 million to the grave,bush the prick may be in it for the money but he isnt a murderer like hitler was...

As for our soldiers I support them fully and wish them a safe return as soon as possible

I wish there was no war but as time will tell you there will allways be war,too many greedy jerkoffs running countries ,too many religious freaks who think you should live life like them

just too many and its a sad world...

Blackend is the end...

No you are misunderstanding me when I say like Hitler. What I mean by that is when you defy the UN and just do as you damn well please, that is dangerous, just like Hitler.

No you are misunderstanding me when I say like Hitler. What I mean by that is when you defy the UN and just do as you damn well please, that is dangerous, just like Hitler.

Whoa, simma down now.

I call your Hitler and raise the United Nations.

Have you actually read UN resolution 1441 or 1566?

Due to their security I can't post a direct link. You will have to go to their search page and look for each resolution.

http://www.un.org/search/

You will find the unfiltered truth.

Well I wish U good luck. And remember what U are going to be doing over there is important. It might not be for the reasons that were given when it all was started. I is most certanly not for the reasons that Mr. Bush thinks are important. But there are Milions of people over there who needs a future and as a part of the US troops going over there U will be part of the effort of freeing their minds.

Read up a bit on the history of that area and read some of Hofstedes books on cultural diffrences before u go then u will understand what it is Ure doing there and why

Thank you.

/Fredrik

P.s. And as i have studied both statistics and Interviewing methodology I can tell U that there is absolutley NO reason whatsoever to get hung up on those results.

im not "Hung" up but it seems to me that alot of poeple (maybe not this particular group) believe this crap and think that they are serving the general public by promoting Anti-War semenars in honor of their fellow conntry men.

I dont nessissarily belive that the president was entirely correct for the reasoning behind what he did, and i have a very limited input on the war in general. I just know that he did it the right way if it was to be done.

Heres why i say that, Clinton during his reign of power ended up wasting billions of tax dollars bombing Iraq for two weeks taking out countless structures, military or non. But then we left and nothing was ever done about it. I like to relate this to treating symptoms of a cold, you can get rid of the stuffy nose, and the pounding headache, but you never really get rid of the virus itself. Now being the head of a country you obviously have access to the CIA and such organizations that problably have a lot more information then your local CNN or CNBC. So his decision was based off of them. And no one ever goes up to the 40 or 50 people that discovered the things that made the president to believe that the action was required and call them liars and frauds. Im not saying that the president is NOT to blame, but if he didnt do this i think he would have gotton a bad wrap as a whimp and a "do-nothing". Since he did do something hes a stupid war crazy bastard and a liar.

So its a double edged sword. You cannot please people who will not be pleased... i think that the world is a safer place without another dictorial leader that makes himself the center of the nation and lets everyone around him die without mercy. Personally i prefer to believe the films how the Iraqi people are stomping on the statue of Saddam and how they are parading around the streets in honor of what the UN forces together accomplished.

Maybe im just ignorant but if im missing something critical feel free to alert me.

Well it was Bush Senior. that made that mistake not B.C, and that he didn't do it right has been one of the "behind the scene rumors" to go in this time. (Read conspiracy rumors) i.e. to right something that Dad didn't finish.

And since Ure going there and im not I am not one to critisise you in any way regarding this issue (even if i had a ground for it which i don't). i.e. Youre the one thats gonne have your butt on the line and therefore U have earned your right to have an opinion and to be taken seriously.