Who answers Telemarketing polls?

33 members have voted

1. 1.

• All the time!!!
    • Only sometimes
    • i dont
    • Only when i want to rag on them and had a bad day.

Thank you!

Those un-marked $20 dollar bills you asked for are in the mail. It's a pleasure doing business with you internetrush. ;)

Haha yea, i thought that was rather poetic considering it is 7am and i just woke up to check and see how my controversial posts are doing :).

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess your statistic about statistics is made up too! lol

you know over 75% of statistics are made up on the spot and have not even been tested? i heard that somewhere forget where.. and i noticed it said that there is a margin of error of +/- 3%..all of those scores are within 3% of eachother, put two and two together..

I say it once,

" all statistics (like polls) can and ARE manipulated to show what the presenter wants them to show."

It is a question of motive; if you can determine root motive then it is possible to ascertain the AGENDA of the poll/staistic/person in question.

Semantics at its finest. Every thing person body has a root motive, it is up to the reader to dissect the discourse and determine motive.

*(note, I could prattle on about some point, but its moot.)

• 3 weeks later...

My daughter in college, took a part time job as a telemarketer. It was termed strategic consumer research. She actually did pretty good at it. I will participate in political polls. I love it. However, I'll debate and try to pick their brains. I answer their questions with a question. When they can't reply, I take them off the hook ( they're just trying to make a living). Then I get on the soapbox. I've been known to turn a 15 minute poll into a 60 minute call. Sometimes, they get fed up and hang up on me. Once, a telemarketer called me for a survey trying to get my opinion on Jerry Springer running for Senator. I had a blast with that one. I felt sorry for her. But hey, she asked for my opinion. She can always hang up, just as I do with non political surveys.

I do the same thing for people who knock on my door with petitions.

It's early Saturday morning and I'm bored, so I finally got around to reading this thread. To ExRoadie, I have to say that was one of the most brilliant defenses of the truth I've ever read. It was very refreshing to read an argument to all the irrational vitriol and bias, armed only with fact and solid logic. I don't know if you have ever checked out Polipundit, but you would fit in great there. Brav-.in'-O