Who answers Telemarketing polls?

33 members have voted

1. 1.

• All the time!!!
    • Only sometimes
    • i dont
    • Only when i want to rag on them and had a bad day.

Which is good since Uve put your @ss on the line for it. NowI have this qoute that I have no idea who spawned:

"I may not agree with your ideas but I will fight for your right to have them"

I believe it goes like this:

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it" - Voltaire.

If we all thought that way, what a wonderful place this would be!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it goes like this:

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it" - Voltaire.

If we all thought that way, what a wonderful place this would be!

Thank U CPUZ... That was it... See what a classic education can leave behind (Im tlking of CPUZ's education oc :D)

or

"[T]he man of genius and the aristocrat are frequently regarded as eccentrics because genius and aristocrat are entirely unafraid of and uninfluenced by the opinions and vagaries of the crowd." Edith Sitwell

i dont know whether anyone is still watching this thread, but hopefully there are a few members who want to address the

Recruiting problems for me.

Im thinking that this is becuase of unrealistic goals set by the Army, as stated on the bottom the Marine Corps met within 2% of their goal.

Anyone got ideas?

In my perspective you ought to worry about under whose authority you're going to be, when enlisted - Mr Bush himself, the war-mongerer of all in the post WWII era - rather than worrying nobody supports you in your sufferings when/if you get shipped out to "fight for your country"...

Other than that, the quality of those kind of statistics often vary, but some seem to be able to represent the current public opinion on some given fact rather well.

It's just statistics and not the "whole" picture.

Good luck fighting the war on the worlds oil resources *cough* terror.

I guess everybody is entitled to their opinion, but just remember its that warmongerer and the military that i serve that allows you to say that.

And even if it is about Oil.. i bet you dont run ur lazy *Cough* @(you get the picture) to work instead of drive. So if we didnt secure an oil source (reguardless of where it comes from) you would be whining about that. Its a no-win situation.

Next time post without your bias (unless you state otherwise and your reason to be biased, Such as i did).

Thanks

Oh yea and this comes back to my fav quote of the week

"The public will believe anything, so long as it is not founded on truth. "

I believe your a victim of that.

In my perspective you ought to worry about under whose authority you're going to be, when enlisted - Mr Bush himself, the war-mongerer of all in the post WWII era - rather than worrying nobody supports you in your sufferings when/if you get shipped out to "fight for your country"...

Other than that, the quality of those kind of statistics often vary, but some seem to be able to represent the current public opinion on some given fact rather well.

Now let's keep this a "discussion" or the thread will be closed on us.

If, IF, it's about oil, why don't we have more oil at cheaper prices right now. If, we were pumping the oil from Iraq just for us, the rest of OPEC could just raise their prices and cut production and there is nothing that we could do about it.

We get less than 10% of our oil from the Middle East. Can you name the major suppliers of oil to the United States. Canada and Mexico make up over 50% of our imported oil.

California, Mississippi and Florida could make up almost 80% of that total if drilling were allowed. Add just the known reserves in the Alaska National Wildlife Refuge and we could eliminate imports from Canada and Mexico.

This was has nothing to do with oil. It has everything to do with stability in the Middle East which has a direct bearing on the rest of the world. With Saddam harboring terrorist, the rest of the world would be held hostage to his relationship with the terrorist. Saddam had shown that he would attack other Arab states without hesitation. His desire to control Mecca was unacceptable to the Arab states as well as most of the free world.

If you only get your facts from the media you will never know the truth behind world events. Do some reading from other sources and you will find the truth is out there.

Wasn't that last line from a TV show or something?

Also since the post cold war era when the internet was still in its infancy we have been interconnected by Globalization, meaning what happens in one country affects us very very significantly.

Ive read a few books on economy and that by no means makes me an expert, but as far as i understand it since the internet evolved and hundreds of millions of dollars flowed into international bonds it isnt safe to let something as silly as an economic collapse in other nations happen unchecked. Having control of a terrorist houseing nation secures that other nations around Iraq and around it keep trading freely and dont inhibit their economic practices or let them get corrupted and help fund terrorist organizations.

By doing this its not only making the Middle east more stable, but is also ensuring our own economic flow is not suddenly interupted by change of supply from the european nations and buisnesses.

i dont know whether anyone is still watching this thread, but hopefully there are a few members who want to address the

Recruiting problems

for me.

Im thinking that this is becuase of unrealistic goals set by the Army, as stated on the bottom the Marine Corps met within 2% of their goal.

Anyone got ideas?

Now back to my question... :) anyone got any ideas why this happend?

BRAVO STRYG! WELL SAID! (APPLAUD, APPLAUD)