DFI Recommended Power Supplies (UPDATED October 20th, 2006!)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell that to the reviewers that have no clue how to review a PSU.

If it has pretty bling and runs quiet they give it a gold star. But they really have no clue as to what makes a good PSU.

Even the best test methods are flawed since there's nothing better than running a PSU in an actual rig to test its performance.

Just count on the PSUs that davidhammock200 has listed to work on this motherboards. If it isn't on the list you are taking a chance.

Would my thermaltake twv 500 power this rig (sig) or is this the way to crash your components?

I am confused cause the revies of this psu are quite good...

Torbo-Cool has a list of compatable mobo's and the LanParty nF4 SLI-DR isn't on it.

i can assure you there are no problems with the 510 model, just remeber they are loud, no no they are really loud.....rock solid, but loud.

the pcpc 850 have like the seasonic problems with the 5 volt jumper, nothing that a few jumper changes cant fix...

Just got my OCZ Modstream 520W PSU few days ago, running fine with my DFI DAGF. :D

i have some silly question here,

im planning to upgrade to Ultra-D or SLi-D during X'mas time (Im sure that time these 2boards will quite cheap. :D ),

and im thinking to change to ANTEC 550W TruePower v2.0 PSU (Dual rails and SLi certified) , is it neccessary to change OCZ to ANTEC ?

Im going to run 2x6600GT SLi setup too.

so,question is the OCZ Modstream 520W PSU is it enough juice for tat spec im going to get ? OCZ Modstream 520W only 28A +12v rails ...

even in my current setup, my +12v rail voltage seem quite low , only 11.84v under full load ... :(

I need more feedback from those who using ANTEC TruePower v2.0 on Ultra-D or SLi-D..

Since now the ANTEC PSU removed from the 'A' listed recommended PSU list..

suggestion appreaciated .

thanks.

For a pair of 6600GT's the OCZ MS 520W should be fine,

going to 6800GT's or 7800's the PowerStream 520W would be an excellent choice. :nod:

Would my thermaltake twv 500 power this rig (sig) or is this the way to crash your components?

I am confused cause the revies of this psu are quite good...

That is probably the best PSU that TT has ever made.

jonnyGURU over at SLCenteral really likes it,

but as Ex-Roadie says it has not been proven with the DFI N4 mobos.

For "guaranteeded" results stick with the "A" list. :nod:

I have an NF4 SLI-DR which won't post.

Basically if I plug in all 4 power connectors on the MB I get the nice little amber lights glowing but when I turn on the power, the power supply and the 4 red leds light up for less then a second and then all is quiet. I've found a similar thread about overloaded +5v rails and Enermax power supplies but no one seems to have issues with OCZ. I don't have another rig with the same power requirements but the OCZ supply runs a 20pin ATX system just fine.

If I unplug the 4 pin +12 connector (CN9) then things spin up and the PS doesn't shut down right away but of course, it won't boot. A multi-meter measures a steady +12.19v on disconnected +12v connector.

I took the MB back to where I got it and he booted it with his PS and a single core 3000+ cpu and flashed it to the latest BIOS for me but I still get no love with it. I've been at this a week and I'm ready to give up. :(

Any ideas? Help? Please?

Have you found or tested any other Forton or Seasonic (besides the single one listed and the other someone else replied about) to be "officially" recognized as being "A" list certified?

if this question is already addressed them I'm sry but after the first page of reading I did not read all seven or six pages.

~Mark