DFI Recommended Power Supplies (UPDATED October 20th, 2006!)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what works best with DFI N4 mobos.

For SLI:

PC P&C 510 Express/SLI

OCZ PowerStream 520W or 600W

Enermax 535W or 600W

Fortron/Sparkle 550W (EPS)

For Non-SLI:

Enermax 485W

Fortron Blue Storm 500W

OCZ ModStream 520W

You cannot go wong with any of these! :nod:

David, I noticed that the Enermax PSUs have two lines; P and AX. Other than PFC do you know of any differences between the two product lines? Would either be OK for an nF4 system based on your knowledge of these products?

Thanks,

Mars.

David, I noticed that the Enermax PSUs have two lines; P and AX. Other than PFC do you know of any differences between the two product lines? Would either be OK for an nF4 system based on your knowledge of these products?

Thanks,

Mars.

Just make sure the one you order has native 24-pin ATX & is SLI ready. :nod:

i know i am probly going to get all sorts of replies along the lines of "just get the OCZ MODSTREAM" but i don't like to go along with something just because people say so, it is that whole lemmings/sheep thing.

the same gos for when people say something sucks, i find that after a while people just say it becuase everyone else says it, and few know the real reasons besides "get this is better" or "they suck don't get them"

now for my main question, i see a lot of posts of people saying to not get thermaltake PSUs, this is fine but they never say why. i have been looking at a few different PSUs, first was a Coolmax 600w modular peice

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16817159049

but i read that it doesn't come ready for sli, wich i am not doing now, but want to be able to do in the future. so i was looking around and saw this thermaltake PSU

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?...N82E16817153024

500w with what looks like enough Amps on the +12v rails, and it is native 24pin. but it is a little lower then i wanted for a PSU, but figured i could install a Less exspensive PSU later to run hdds and optical stuff.

i am really leaning to the thermaltake due to the modular design, i am really partial to it, my question is why not thermal take, besides the fact that it isn't an ocz psu, what makes it bad. i would like some substantioan reasons besides "i had one umpteen years ago and it blew up" also, how do you PSUs make it onto this "a" list, is there active testing still, or have you found enough, and just refer back to the ones on the list?

i am open to persuasion on this topic, i would just like better reasons then i have seen.

So get the Thermaltake and add an extra PSU later.

DH200 already explained why he didn't like them as did some previous owners.

But some folks do and OPB just gave a great review to their 600 watt at www.xtremesystems.org.

Don't listen to all the lemmings/sheep in this thread. Follow your heart.

You seem like a rebel anyways so pick what you like.

You can always ebay the board or PSU if it's not what you expected.

Good luck to ya, hope your new build is smooth as silk.

P.S. What kind of CPU are you looking at?