DFI Recommended Power Supplies (UPDATED October 20th, 2006!)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could I request for an added info to the the recommended psu lists. Since the list isn't considerably long, could you possibly group them according to the noise they output. even at idle load would be more than sufficient for me.

like e.g 3 categories: audible, slightly audible, quiet

I really would like to get any of the recommended psu. But noise is now my number 1 priority. I want to get the best on the market without sacrificing too much of peace in my room.

Warmest regards.

Well i would consider it if it was affordable. The fact is, PC power & cooling is not exactly widely available here in australia. So it'll be good since they are testing those PSUs, they might as well add the noise level too.

then i can see which one i'd like or prefer over another. Perhaps using the OCZ 700W as the basis for noise comparison? At least users can get a general idea of what sort of noise they would expect from one psu to another.

Prolly saying it's very quiet wouldn't really give me any clue as to how quiet your quiet is. If DFI can somehow incorporate this, it'd be very much appreciated. I want a powerful rig, but not to the extend that i must sacrifice noise for performance.

There are just way too many factors involved when you take the rig as a whole.

A PSU might run totally silent in one rig and make fan noise in another depending upon the hardware used.

The PSU might run much louder in a water-cooled rig than with a typical air-cooled rig because a water-cooled rig leaves the PSU to do the bulk of the heat removal from the case.

Two PSUs that rate "quiet" in testing may sound completely different to your ears than mine.

One PSU rated as "quiet" produces a distinct low frequency rumble in the Antec P180 case that I find particularly annoying.

If there was a single definition for "quiet" it would be easy. Until then we can only go by what forum members post as their perception.

@ DavidHammock200... Hey what ever became of the Silverstone P.S.U testing that I had all lined up for you? Just curious David, I had make all of the necessary arangements and we had the green light from Silverstone to set you up with a reviewers account and I was even gonna let you use my SilverStone ST75F Modular P.S.U for the test and everything!

All was positive from you're end from you're original say so to do this with me then I dont even get a response from you??

I am curious because this just baffles me as to why you would turn down the chance to have such a great opportunity as well as future test sample that you could keep!

I'm not trying to rank on you but you should have not agreed to it when I first asked you! I went through 3 weeks of work lining that up for DF-STREET:( so we could all benefit!

Oh well ....I am still getting the upgrade anyways they really are a fantasic company and make a superior Power Supply Unit! I was just hoping to add my contribution to the forum and help everyone.:)

I had even lined up the next test models with SilverStone for you from the Zeus Series!!! Perimarily the 750w & 850w Zeus models were discussed,just to let you know:(