DFI Recommended Power Supplies (UPDATED October 20th, 2006!)

BIG question: If I try to test my new setup with the single rail PS, could I be risking damage or just running the risk of getting an unstable system?

If the PSU delivers stable voltages and current under the load you should be fine in regards to causing damage.

Just keep an eye on the voltages, especially 12V and 3.3V, with a quality multi-meter.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thx.

Just ordered an OCZ Modstream ["A" List model] replacement

Decided to RMA the TT unit w/o testing the system; after all Just a few more days wait.

I figured that w/o easy access to a multi-meter it was just easier .

Got my OCZ Modstream and hooked up the system. First try everything worked (minimal items hooked up) ran smooth cool and quiet with no hiccups. The OCZ power cables are beautiful, clean but very stiff. Found that the HDD cable supplied by DFI was too short to be useful for my HDD, replaced with one of my other round cables from previous machine. Also, like others I am short one cable to run the FDD since this board uses that connector and OCZ only supplies one. I am going to try it without the FDD for awhile but if I need one I think I can get a molex to fdd adapter and use the spare single molex OCZ provided.

Will be running Prime95 etc. tomorrow but things look really really good right now. :nod: :D