The DFI Book Club

cronocrash

Hello all,

I dunno how many people here read a lot. I love books. I love reading. So if you do too post some of your fav books or authors. Maybe inspire some ppl to pick up a book. =-p

Sci-Fi:

William Gibson - Pattern Recognition (his latest), every book by him except The Difference Engine (co-authored with Bruce Sterling)

Neal Stephenson - Cryptonomicon

Bruce Sterling - Heavy Weather

Literature/Classics:

Goethe - Faust Part 1

Miguel de Cervantes - Don Quijote

Journalism/American:

Hunter S. Thompson (RIP) - Hell's Angels, The Rum Diary, Mescalito/ Screwjack, Fear and Loathing in Los Vegas

Periodical:

I have waay too many more to list here that are *excellent*. Drop a post if you're not too busy playing video games to stop and get some old fashioned entertainment.

crono

P.S. All categories of books / print are welcome. (IE. Reference, Journals, Periodicals, Horror, etc. etc. etc.)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sci-Fi:

David Brin... Sundiver, The Uplift War & Startide Rising. Then theres also 3 more set later they are also good but the first 3 are amazing.

Orson Scott Card... Enders Game - The first is a painting of Humanity and human psyscology.

Fantasy:

JRR Tolkien (no comments pls)

Im going home to check a couple of authors that I don't have in the head.

Sci-Fi = Dan Simmons (entire Hyperion/Endymion series)

Fantasy = Terry Goodkind (Sword of Truth series)

General Fiction = Stephen King (entire Dark Tower series, some short stories etc)

oh yeah some Dan Brown (DaVinci Code etc)

now that is just what I have finished reading recently....got to go find something new to read.

General Fiction = Stephen King (entire Dark Tower series, some short stories etc)

heh i knew someone was gonna say dark tower. im reading gunslinger now.

this is really bugging me: is there a reason why on page 130 cuthbert's bird david is a hawk, the on page 132-3 cuthbert's bird is miraculously a falcon? or am i crazy? or both?

Fantasy = Terry Goodkind (Sword of Truth series)

A_G good selection.

Fantasy = Terry Goodkind (Sword of Truth series), R.A. Salvator (readl all but his starwars and tarzan )

General Fiction = Stephen King (entire Dark Tower series and the work under his asumed name name)

Angry has got me hooked on the Sword of Truth Series and since I am almost done with school I can finally finish Soul of the Fire. He got me to read some Stephen King too. I love his short stories but I don't think I can ever get the courage up to read some of his freaker stuff. I am kinda a wuss that way. :)

hey cronocrash isent 2600 sort of a hacker periodical no offense intended

offense? yeah 2600 = The Hacker Quarterly. its got some crappy articles but sometimes you find a real gem. something that drops a nut of intellect into your skull. heh. i dont usually buy it, i just go to border's and read it. heh, if you subscribe to it your name is sent to the feds (or used to be).

[edit] id be happy to be called a hacker, but sadly, i cannot be. [/edit]