Socket 939 Discussion Thread

Haha.. I knew you would get an entry in with all four !! Good Job !

You better get busy and buy more hardware !! Good job on those entries..

Thanks, but I have not been able to run it with a RAID with my Raptors. Here is a link to the thread on the progress so far. I thought maybe you could have some ideas that I may try out.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53074

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I've redone my entry in the database, I'm pretty sure it's all good, we'll see I guess.

Seems like I'm getting some nice numbers out of this ultra crappy Twinmos Powerchip. Although, anything over DDR500 is a no go, regardless of voltage or timings. Then again, I am too scared to try anything over about 3.1v through the stuff. A little under 3.0 seems to be the sweet spot at the current speed.

Yeah, thanks dude. CP's got a slipstreamed CD for me on the mail. He's been helping me a lot along the way. And just placed an order for a third Raptor, LOL, he he he. Where does it end, this tweaking? :nod:

Ok, so I've redone my entry in the database, I'm pretty sure it's all good, we'll see I guess.

Seems like I'm getting some nice numbers out of this ultra crappy Twinmos Powerchip. Although, anything over DDR500 is a no go, regardless of voltage or timings. Then again, I am too scared to try anything over about 3.1v through the stuff. A little under 3.0 seems to be the sweet spot at the current speed.

Nice entry man. I'm just curious about that 03 score. You beat me handily there but every other benchmark I am a bit better. Odd... I'll run it again.

Strange... I'm going to re-run all of my benchmarks soon. I removed my IHS and had a good play with my memory timings last night, and have been running prime for the past 7 hours at 2.8Ghz, 255x 11, witht the memory at 1:1. and all at only 37-40 degress under load.

After reading some old posts here on this Twinmos (powerchip) memory, I shouldn't be able to get past 230, or run with CPC enabled... but hey, 255 and 1t, still at 2.3-4-8-4 is memtest and Prime Blend stable for me. I love it, litterally the cheapest 1Gb kit I could find, running at ddr510.

Well... I scored over 19k this time. This doesn't make sense. My memory was running 2.5-3-3-5-1t @ 245mhz and my CPU a dual core @ 270 x 10. Your video card memory speed beats mine though. This doesn't seem to jive well because my vid card scores on 06 are nearly the same as yours.

640/1680

630/1820

Our drivers are different though. I'm about to graduate up from 84.21 to 84.56 and rerun it all.

yeah, looks like you got twice my CPU score in 06. So what is the voltage on your card? Its a bit too blurry for me to read in your sig. Coolbits detects my optimal memory at 900, and thats with the memory at the stock 2.02. All I have done is the 1.4 v-mod, and it clocks to 650/1920 artifact free... gotta love these XFX 7900's:D

I've gotten 1.5vgpu my card is kind of an OC dud. I'm in the first 1000 serial # for eVGA cards and it acts like it. My card either runs with no artifacts or crashes... nothing inbetween. I've foudn my card to unstable at 650/1700. With 640/1680 I've found a rock stable setting. Occationally, my card will feel generous and run through 3dmark06 @ 650/1720 and I've gotten comfortably over 6000 that way. (http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=265515)

I'm gonna run it again and check the new driver scores.