Starting to Build Computer, ULTRA-D, AOL?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yer using the wrong screws :) There should be some large head thumb screws in there with all the other case hardware if that's setup the way my Tsunami is...Is it a tsunami???? I haven't seen a pic of the case only bits and pieces and haven't exactly been following this thread from the start....Anyway, like stephen said, that is no good. Should be ZERO gap.....................

pio:

you REALLY need to upgrade your sig...put details in there...I still dont really know what case you are using at all...nor power supply, optical drives, heatsink (other than what i read on this page) etc

look at other sigs like the one OldGuy has above my post...thats the kind of detail we want (you'd know this if you read the #2 in the Critical Info sticky about signatures!)

pio:

you REALLY need to upgrade your sig...put details in there...I still dont really know what case you are using at all...nor power supply, optical drives, heatsink (other than what i read on this page) etc

look at other sigs like the one OldGuy has above my post...thats the kind of detail we want (you'd know this if you read the #2 in the Critical Info sticky about signatures!)

AG isn't there a way to "force" a user to to put data in the signature box during the registration process or a way to disable the ability to post a thread if that field is empty? Probably already been thought of but it sure would save you some frustration. I know it's a simple rule and people get a little excited and just wanna get a question out there or offer help without "really" looking at the rules...Still must frustrate the hell out of ya having to harp on it 20 times a day ;)

hahah, good to hear from all you guys.

regarding the Hard drive screws, ya OldGuy is right, i WAS using the wrong screws. Its

the funny looking flat ones that fit. I never thought to try them because i didn't think would ever fit in the dampeners. haha.

The right screws sure did fit like charm. Its a beautifull thing! :sad:

Okay i'll make my sig better soon. I promise! :angel:

Here's where we stand so far: http://www.epiotr.com/other/comp/30.jpg

and no comments about the water on top of all the expensive stuff please. :eek2:

I think my last question before windows is regarding the power for the SATA hard drive. I pluged in the right plug in the drive, but there are two choices to power it. 1) the standard 4pin molex 2) that wierd plug

I don't even know if there is a plug for the wierd on on the mobo.

Should I just use the 4 pin molex?

http://www.epiotr.com/other/comp/32.jpg

Also, I pluged the yellow SATA cable into SATA 1 on the mobo, is that right?

http://www.epiotr.com/other/comp/31.jpg

Hmmm... yea I think I got it.

Your saying in photo 32, to use the left male molex fo the power supply, and the other odd black one (right on photo) to the drive. I think i got it.

What about the SATA cable, thats in goes into SATA 1 on the mobo right?

AG isn't there a way to "force" a user to to put data in the signature box during the registration process or a way to disable the ability to post a thread if that field is empty? Probably already been thought of but it sure would save you some frustration. I know it's a simple rule and people get a little excited and just wanna get a question out there or offer help without "really" looking at the rules...Still must frustrate the hell out of ya having to harp on it 20 times a day ;)

i have it saved in notepad with a lot of other responses that i got tired of typing a long time ago ;)

there might be a way but i doubt it without some heavy VB hacking and Alexia is taking finals (or close to it) and he doesn't get paid for being the VB junkie (other than an NF3 motherboard once in a blue moon lol)