Lan Party UT NF3-250GB NB burning up.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, I just bent into a pretzel and reached into my case to touch the nf3 chipsink, and it's cooler than room temp. I have it clocked at 220x4 HTT.

The reason it's so cool is because I have a 120mm fan under my HD sucking the heat of the HD circuit board -> blowing across the 6800GT, and the motherboard chipset area -> out the back with my case side panel raked open in the back to let air out.

• 3 months later...
I have a Vantec copper active cooler on my 250gb, it's definitly low profile but I'm not sure how well it's working.

The stock aluminum cooler used to get really hot so I picked up the Vantec one day at Fry's with $20 store credit I had to spend. I installed it using a thin layer of the supplied white thermal paste.

Now this heatsink barely gets warm to the touch, I'ts either working great or not conducting the heat. Trouble is, I don't know what, if any, temp probes read NB temps. I think it's the "Board Temperature" in Sandra Lites Environment Monitor, but I'm not sure. The value is normally around 38c - 39c and rizes quickly to over 50c when I overclock, even at stock voltage.

Can someone please enlighten me?

Anyone know of a temp monitor that will work on this board with XP64?

Thanks for this forum, it's an excellent resource even though I usually just lurk.

Hi,

Is it possible to give me the link to that copper cooler?

Thanks

Guest Blooz1

Bad_Dude, you DO realize that post was made back in April?

Try going to a site like SVC.com and looking for chipset coolers - I'm pretty sure SVC has a whole section! You should be able to find something!

Bad_Dude, you DO realize that post was made back in April?

Try going to a site like SVC.com and looking for chipset coolers - I'm pretty sure SVC has a whole section! You should be able to find something!

Yes. I do realize that but I hope I am not breaking any rule. I have gone to svc but nothing would match it properly. This is why I am posting in hope of finding some mod suitable for me.

Thanks.

Unless you are using active cooling like a phase change or peltier there is no way you can get it cooler than room temp. It is physically impossible.

Dude, I just bent into a pretzel and reached into my case to touch the nf3 chipsink, and it's cooler than room temp. I have it clocked at 220x4 HTT.

The reason it's so cool is because I have a 120mm fan under my HD sucking the heat of the HD circuit board -> blowing across the 6800GT, and the motherboard chipset area -> out the back with my case side panel raked open in the back to let air out.

hi

i had the vantec on my ut lp nf3 and it fitted just fine

i had a x800 pro and i had about 2mm left of space...with zalman cooler on the vga

temps went down a bit

Did you mean the VANTEC CCB-A1C ICEBERQ or a different Vantec cooler?

Thanks.

VANTEC CCB-A1C ICEBERQ ?

yes

thats the one

i dont know where u live

in my country its not difficult to get one....also cheap....14€ around 10$ or so

the pack i bought also included a normal size passive HS and another small sized one

if my memory serves me right the mounting holes for the NB are the same as the NF2 mobos. If this follows thru just pick up a Swiftech NB cooler..1/2in thick copper base and helicoid aluminum pins+fan=just bad butt and should cool damn near everything you throw at it !