OCZ Prime Stable Database (updated 2/06/2006)

Which is the best working OCZ memory? Except the PC3200 rev 2.0...

Are there good enough to work with a UT nF4 Ultra-D ?

DDR PC3700 OCZ 1GB GOLD DUAL REV3

DDR PC4000 OCZ 1GB GOLD REV2 DUAL

Is there a problem in NOT being PC3200? Will it be a problem? 'Cuz my Kingston is a pain in the butt... And I need to change... and the PC3200 is not rev 2.0 (from the place I get my pieces)...

Or any other brand? A great, almost perfect and working good memory stick.. please ;)

Both of those memory types will work, If you are wanting to overclock I would go with the PC4000 Gold Rev2 as this has had the best results.

OCZ PC3700 Platinum and OCZ PC4200 Platinum are TCCD like the PC3200 Platinum, so they would also be a good choice.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great... :)

But.. they'r all have been testes with this motherboard? 'Cuz I bought the DDR PC3200 KINGSTON 1GB ULTRA LL KIT thinking that would be SUPER... but had TOO many problems...

I have some options... but since lots of ppl from this (and other) forums... LOVE OCZ sticks... I think it would be nice if I try one os these....

So, the OCZ options I have are:

DDR PC3200 OCZ 1GB DUAL PLATINUM

DDR PC3200 OCZ 1GB GOLD VX DUAL

Which one would be better? I'm not and Overclock enthusiast... I'be prefer a stable and working system than an OC one... got it? :D

Since i'm having TOO many problems with the Kingston... (maybe a SP2 problem too.. but...) I'd like to buy a memory stick that would make me "safer" :P

Please help me... 'cuz I'm selling my Kingston to buy an OCZ one...

Oh... and buying a PC3700 or PC4000 memory... is there a trick to make it useful with this PC3200 MOBO??? Any special config?

And another thing... why the latencies from PC3700 and PC4000 are bigger than PC3200? Isn't that true that lower numers are better? Or nothing like that?

It's just that I'm not stupid... but new user of this kind of high-end PC's ;)

Help this poor guy :D

1.300V CPU Startup

CPU Vid AUTO

CPU Vid special Control +123% is best for me

Prime95 use options/torture test, either small FFT test

or large FFTs (tests some ram)

dont shoot for too high FSB right now especially if you have problems...maybe go up slowly from 270

Thank you for your information

Okay i will do it with lower FSB because my last settings are not 100% stable. Windows crashes while i play a game and other cpu stressed programs @N4S... Bluescreenfailure and another one is ntoskrnsl.exe but not more failures. I don't know what's the exactly problem. It's windows self or CPU and Ram? I will make 2 tests one with FSB 280 and another one with FSB 270. Shall i shut down all my programms? It's better for the performance. I see what's happen ;)

PS: I don't know what's the both failures? What's ntoskrnl? And the another one. I don't know because my system showed this Bluescreenfailur very shortly. Can you give me a answer?

@your link: You don't have set Tref? Many settings are on "auto" and you get a very high stable oc? :cool:

So here the first prime95 test @3 hours. FSB 270 LDT/FSB 3x Multi 9x @2430.

It was tested with a short FFT run.

It's enough for stable test or shall i run a long test with one day?

The next one is FSB 280.

PS: @FSB270. If i play a game like Rome and at the video output i see a light flicker but not all the time. It's the reason the high FSB? It's only a short offtopic for an important information.

Great... :)

But.. they'r all have been testes with this motherboard? 'Cuz I bought the DDR PC3200 KINGSTON 1GB ULTRA LL KIT thinking that would be SUPER... but had TOO many problems...

I have some options... but since lots of ppl from this (and other) forums... LOVE OCZ sticks... I think it would be nice if I try one os these....

So, the OCZ options I have are:

DDR PC3200 OCZ 1GB DUAL PLATINUM

DDR PC3200 OCZ 1GB GOLD VX DUAL

Which one would be better? I'm not and Overclock enthusiast... I'be prefer a stable and working system than an OC one... got it? :D

OK, well of those the 3200 Gold VX and the 4000 Gold Rev 2 would work. The VX will be harder to get working and is really only for overclocking.

Get the 4000 Gold Rev 2.

:)

I am considering trying some different memory as I am having issues with what I have . Many of the folks at this site like OCZ, so I think I might jump in with both feet.

My question is which flavor should I pick to go with this mobo that will increase my chances of success? High end or midrange stuff. OC options are cool but I would like some stability.

Thanks in advance,

billy

Billy, that was not for you. That gentleman had limited choices in Brazil.

The 4000 Gol Rev 2 will work fine, but my absolute first choice is below:

Get the OCZ PC3200 Platinum Revision 2. Make sure it's revision 2. That'a my first choice in cost VS performance. This is TCCD memory and the board is at it's best with that. This is also the easiest to get running fast and stable.

But.. the PC400 will work fine so? :D

DO I have to change anything? With which latencies should I try to work? Do you have a BIOS config for that? So I can print here I make a better config when I buy :)

Get the OCZ PC3200 Platinum Revision 2. Make sure it's revision 2. That'a my first choice in cost VS performance. This is TCCD memory and the board is at it's best with that. This is also the easiest to get running fast and stable.

Cannot agree more with Andy :-) Running this little baby at 270 MHz and working on getting higher ;-) The limitation factor for now is my CPU: it seems that I cannot get more than 2500 MHz from it :-( Waiting for the release of the venice core ;-) seems to be a good OC candidate see here

Thanks for all the help I got in this forum.

Well I can run my ram at 2.5-3-3-10 2T at over 300FSB with memtest on my nF4 Ultra D.

I can run at 1T on memtest at over 280FSB as well. But as soon as I try to go into windows and run Folding at Home, then my max stable FSB and overclock is as shown in the screenies below:

Ram_Timings.JPG

and

Ram_Timings2.JPG

Any thoughts on what the problem might be?

I have followed the thread here and also ones on Bleedin Edge as well, but despite many hours of testing I still end up back at the same 2.55GHz (255*10) overclock to be F@H stable...

Rig details are:

nF4 Ultra D

Winnie 3500

2* 512MB OCZ Plat Rev 2

OCZ Powerstream 520W

Sapphire X800XL

CPU is watercooled using a LRWW and an Ehiem 1250 and thermochill 120.2