OCZ Prime Stable Database (updated 2/06/2006)

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheez....you sound like you want to say 33A is not enough.....its PLENTY...otherwise why dont i have any problems here ?

If you blew yours (what brand ?) then you either had a crappy noname brand or you did something weird like shortening out pins or whatever.

Btw. even if i MYSELF already once shortened out my Enermax and smoked up some wires on my multimeter my PSU still works like a charm and neither my board nor anything else was damaged.

Edit: two 600W PSUs piggy back ? OK...... :)

well running a winnie 3500+ @ 2.8ghz with dual 200gb sata's raid0, 2 cdroms, 5 fans and some other funky junk it just quitted, i sent it back to my mates shop today for RMA, maybe it was faulty, wont find out till wednesday if it was the psu, when a new one comes in, as for the brand i cant remember but it wasnt crap. For now everything is stable with 2 psu's, who cares bout electricity, spent enough on this system, may as well give it the juice it wants ;)

Guys I have the OCZ PC3200 EL Platinum Rev 2 and the latest BIOS drivers (3/10) yet my RAM is only running at 2-3-5-2. I think everything is set to Auto in the BIOS.

Doesn't the board pick up that this RAM is 2-2-2-5 ? How can I set it so it does run at these speeds. Please help me :(

Read the stickies in this froum. Also find a good overclocking guide. The Board must be manually set up as far as memory timings go. Set 2-2-2-5 timings and it should run, but beware many other setting may need to be tweaked.

Look for some bios screen shots.

Make sure you are running the 310 BIOS.

This board is very tough on the inexperienced (henceforth known and noobs).

Let us know how things go.

it appears the N4D310-2.BIN

DFI LP NF4 Series Beta BIOS

Based on 2005/02/17 bios

seems a lot more stable than the 310 and the 310p i have been toyin for more mhz, this bios is stable and seems to work great with the ocz!!!! timings are tighter than b4. BTW if you have 6800's do not use the latest beta of the drivers, they are slow!!!! and cause havoc!!! 76.41 = bad bad bad, cmon nvidia release some new drivers for SLI!!!

I posted this on the OCZ support forums, I thought I would link it here to help you guys a little.

Drive strength, what settings do what.

In bios you have 2 options for drive strength, first off im going to address Dram Drive strength options Auto to 8.

If you leave the option at Auto this will set a weak drive strength, this is good for TCCD based modules but bad for anything else. From testing and debugging the board i have concluded the following.

Options 1 3 5 7 are all weak, as is Auto,setting 1 is actually the weakest option with 7 being as close to the normal weak setting DFI will allow us.

Options 2 4 6 8 are the Normal settings, with 8 being the highest strength setting.

If you are using TCCD you may want to try 3 5 or 7 as the drive settings as they usually seem to allow the modules to clock well.

If you are using VX, or the new BH Gold, or any other modules from the OCZ range you may want to try 8 or 6.

Im waiting for confirmation from DFI on this info, from my testing this does seem pretty accurate.

8 = works excellent with BH-5 or other type modules that require high voltage to achieve the really tight (2-2-2) timings

1 = seems to work great with my 4200EL OCZ TCCD modules, my Centon TCCD, and my Buffalo TCCD. (Normally I leave at auto but i have tried 1, but not 3/5/7)

Just want to thank OCZtony for the infos on the Drive strength.

Before, I was on auto and I could get my memory working at 260 MHz :-( getting a BSOD screen

I just set the Drive Strength at 6 and MIRACLE I was able to run windows and now the Prime95 test has been running for 1 hour without errors 5 i keep burning :-) )

My settings are for now : 2.5-4-3-10 (Trc 10 - trfc 24 - DRAM Idle Timer 256)

Thanks gain all for the help.

Very great people here!

For all that are interested - I have had many memory problems in the last 2 days (since setting up my beast) - mainly manifested as random BSODs. I updated the BIOS to 10/3/05 with Winflash 1.76 and since then I have not had any further issues.

I appreciate the work done by DFI to release a new BIOS that seems to address many of the memory issues.

Thank the DFI team for me. :angel:

Mildman

Hi guys, wonder if you can help me. I am totally new to using this type of board and want to learn. I am unsure as to what the best settings for my ram is. I am not intending to overclock just yet, just want to run as fast as possible in games at stock .

I thought I had set the ram to run at 2-2-2-5 1T in bios but a64 tweaker reports the values as below. The post screen shows 2-2-2-5 1T as does memtest so I am confused. Everythin but the 2-2-2-5 settings are on auto. If anyone could give me some standard bios settings for my rig that would be great.

Thanks for any help

a64screenie8pw.th.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply!

I've done what you said and a64 tweaker now reports as below:

a64screenie8tp.th.jpg

Are there any settings in bios i need to change to optimize performance at stock? everything other than 2-2-2-5 , Dram Interleave (enabled) and drive strength 4 is on auto

Thanks again for your time and help