OCZ Prime Stable Database (updated 2/06/2006)

.. I would like to thank all the OCZ employees who take their time to answer questions and even give us advice on pushing our hardware to its max..

count me in :) As a "enthusiast" (geek, nerd..whatever category people fall into :) ) i highlt value and appreciate to see people who stand behind their products and (most importantly !) KNOW their **** (so to speak !).

There are countless companies around where you can talk to their (so called) "customer service reps" if you run into troubles with their products - and then you get on a (phone) line with "help" persons which are WAYYYY below your own technical level (despites the fact that some of them barely speak english because they're sitting in swasiland or whatever countrty for theur "support")

There are a bunch of forums around where you can tlak to the OCZ people and everyone is at least as big an enthisuaist as myself - and i also dont have a doubt that if i WERE to run into problems with my sticks i would get an replacment without a problem etc :)

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we (Rgone, me, DFI) REALLY appreciate teh help that OCZ extends to our users (ie: that is why we stuck this thread to the top knowing that a good chunk of users are OCZ users also).

Without their help, we really don't know how things would turn out ;)

a big thankee-sai from me and Rgone to all you OCZ guys.

andyocz you are the man, i did your voltage trick, but i dropped it to 1.2volts and then put on 133% now this 3500+ does 2.8ghz aircooled at 48C and im only using a thermaltake silent boost k8, cant wait for my xp-120 that is back ordered here in the uk :( then this thing may hit 2.9ghz aircooled, i should really think of water cooling. keep up the good work guys!!! :nod::nod::nod: btw i messed up my specs when i was drunk was dreaming of a xp-120 ;) it should read silent boost k8

andyocz you are the man, i did your voltage trick, but i dropped it to 1.2volts and then put on 133% now this 3500+ does 2.8ghz aircooled at 48C and im only using a thermaltake silent boost k8, cant wait for my xp-120 that is back ordered here in the uk :( then this thing may hit 2.9ghz aircooled, i should really think of water cooling. keep up the good work guys!!! :nod::nod::nod: btw i messed up my specs when i was drunk was dreaming of a xp-120 ;) it should read silent boost k8

Haha, great overclock!

Drink less, overclock more. I used to build car engines and drink beer at the same time. I had to retourque everything the next day before I would have a beer. LOL

Haha, great overclock!

Drink less, overclock more. I used to build car engines and drink beer at the same time. I had to retourque everything the next day before I would have a beer. LOL

I used to do the same back in Australia :) cant wait to go back, beer for breakfast :nod: mmmmmmm

prob is when i get back there, ill need to run an aircon, its too damn hot!!! :spam:

tip for everyone, i blew my 550watt psu last night, it had a 33amp 12volt rail i have now installed 1 600watt and 1 550 watt psu, totalling 44amps on the 12 volt rail, network transfer speed is back to normal, everything is snappy again. If you are going to o/c with this DFI NF4 beast, please use a bloody big PSU, i cannot stress this enough, problems with ram, hdd's, sound etc.... get another psu and wire it up to take the pressure off your #1 psu, i cannot justify 150quid for 1 psu so 2 psu's piggy backed look the right deal.

Good Luck guys

I am stuck at 278 fsb with 2.5,3,3,8 time on the ram in my sig. I am tring to go higher with out running them looser. My question is on the tref and drive strength. I still am have trouble getting the right combo here. my tref is at 3207 ( I think i am still at work just finishing up a night shift) and the drive strengt is at 6, and data drive is at 4. Any input?

thanks

JJscram,

You may not get higher with those timings, but here are some suggestions:

Drive strength to 5 or 7

DATA Strength to 2

make sure Trc is 8 - 10

Trfc to 24

tREF 3072 should be right (or acceptable)

Dynamic Cycle counter enabled

Max Async Latency = 8ns

Cycle counter = 256 Clks

Hope that helps :)

Hi,

The memory you have is not one of best overclocking products.

Are you stable at 200mhz on the memory?

When did you buy this memory?

Since you have different memory than most, the drive strength and Tref values will be different than what you see posted, Play with these to get rid of errors. I work remote form OCZ and don't have your memory to test with, but I will try and help.

Yes, I am stable at 200mhz, and appear to be stable overclocking the cpu to 250 and using a 5/6 divider on the memory.

I bought the ram about a month ago.

I played around with the bios settings last night, mostly tREF, a little with drive strength, with different vcore and vdimm settings. There were still lots of memtest errors at FSB 215, and 220 and higher usually I couldn't boot into memtest or it would freeze. I couldn't discern a pattern, so I couldn't say i was making progress at reducing the errors.

I appreciate your time in looking at this.

JJscram,

You may not get higher with those timings, but here are some suggestions:

Drive strength to 5 or 7

DATA Strength to 2

make sure Trc is 8 - 10

Trfc to 24

tREF 3072 should be right (or acceptable)

Dynamic Cycle counter enabled

Max Async Latency = 8ns

Cycle counter = 256 Clks

Hope that helps :)

Thanks a lot man, from SPAIN :D . You did it, those timings fixed my "weird" problem, i could not pass before any memory bandwidth (sandra or Science mark v2), i was getting always a blue screen and mem overflow.

But now everything's perfect.

I had these timings before --> HERE

ANd now this -->HERE

I have to try TRAS to 7, i guess it'll work.

I tested it with a entire PASS on memtest86 and other 3 loops of test number 5 ;), no errors (like before eh, i didn´t have errors with the other timings..).

ANd now it doesn´t give me blue screen --> SANDRA Memory Bandwidth

Thanks a lot!! i've also improve my superpi 1mb from 32'' to 31''

GRACIAS AMIGO! :nod:

tip for everyone, i blew my 550watt psu last night, it had a 33amp 12volt rail i have now installed 1 600watt and 1 550 watt psu, totalling 44amps on the 12 volt rail, network transfer speed is back to normal, everything is snappy again. If you are going to o/c with this DFI NF4 beast, please use a bloody big PSU, i cannot stress this enough, problems with ram, hdd's, sound etc.... get another psu and wire it up to take the pressure off your #1 psu, i cannot justify 150quid for 1 psu so 2 psu's piggy backed look the right deal.

Good Luck guys

cheez....you sound like you want to say 33A is not enough.....its PLENTY...otherwise why dont i have any problems here ?

If you blew yours (what brand ?) then you either had a crappy noname brand or you did something weird like shortening out pins or whatever.

Btw. even if i MYSELF already once shortened out my Enermax and smoked up some wires on my multimeter my PSU still works like a charm and neither my board nor anything else was damaged.

Edit: two 600W PSUs piggy back ? OK...... :)