OCZ Prime Stable Database (updated 2/06/2006)

Others have said it but after reading this thread I would like to reiterate on MY personal appreciation to OCZ for taking these users by the hand and walking them through these issues. Your time and patience(OCZ) will certainly pay off and in the future if I need ANY hardware and OCZ sells it..........................I'm buying it! :nod: I have ALWAYS been an advocate of "service after the sell" and you guys have definitely re-written the definition.

Nice work OCZ!thumbsup.gif

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is also very good for TCCD

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=57317

(although he runs 2.5 3 3 7 but for my sticks i NEED 2.5 (4=TRCD) 3 7 otherwise i am not stable in windows)

Please can you post all your multis, voltages and dividers etc...? Whats your CPU running at ?

I checked your sign but i mean ALL settings not only ras to cas, cas lat, ras precharge and tras. I need all settings if i use only your Ram timings with a little bit OC then windows crashes. Some of my settings are "auto" maybe you have a better setting. I have 2x 512 OCZ in Slot 2+4.

Thank you for the link. I hope i can trust this settings.

Here are my setting. It's the last stable.

@Dram:

Dram 200

Command per Clock enable

Auto

Enable

Increase

Auto

Auto

Auto

Auto

Enable

16x

7x

Disable (8Bursts)

FSB 210

LDT/FSB 4x

Multiplier 10x

Vcore 1.5

104%

CPU is running at 2100Mhz.

The rest are normal setting (Auto).

Edit: I run this setting with 220 in memtest its shows only errors. New setting is now 2.5-4-3-5 with 210 Mhz.

Yeah it's run. Thanks for xs.org but i want to overclock until 2500Mhz. More FSB and LDT/FSB 5x? FSB Multiplier at 10x? Or shall i use 4x and FSB M 9x and use more FSB? Is the Vcore ok?

I want to see if my system can hold this performance.

@ RyderOCZ

Thanks for the help you have given me so far in getting my ocz memory working correctly.

I just ran memtest for 9 hours and got 136 errors, in tests 5 and 8. I have followed the settings you suggested in this. I really want the ocz platinum r2 ram as it looks a great overclocker but I don't seem to be able to get it in the uk anymore and so am reluctant to RMA it. I dont understand what I am doing wrong in the bios or if the sticks are possibly faulty? thanks for any help you can provide again.

/edit I have just run memtest 8 on each stick on its own and dont seem to be getting the errors, just when i run it in dual channel mode.....any advice how to fix this?

/edit 2 :) I think I have solved it, I have had to set Tref to 2560. Memtest ran fine for an hour without any errors in test 8 in dual channel mode. Fingers crossed eh guys!

Thanks for all your time, patience and help

Ne0

Yeah it's run. Thanks for xs.org but i want to overclock until 2500Mhz. More FSB and LDT/FSB 5x? FSB Multiplier at 10x? Or shall i use 4x and FSB M 9x and use more FSB? Is the Vcore ok?

I want to see if my system can hold this performance.

i think you want too much all at once.... :)

you have to do this methodically and find your CPU's limit..which COULD be like mine at 2600, but it could also be lower or it could be higher.

You have to test the max of your CPU with a LOW memory frequency, eg. 200mhz.

Then use the highest CPU multi you have (10 ?) and slowsly increase your "FSB" and you have to keep checking your CPU stability with prime95 or OCCT...but always keep your FSB in the *safe* zone.

(Eg. if you just up the FSB with a LOW CPU multi you might rather hit your memorys limit or you will never know whether the instability you have is your memory OR the CPU)

--> ANd you need to test your max MEMORY limit by keeping the CPU close to default (2000mhz) but HIGH FSB and LOW multi and increase the FSB, keeping the CPU as low as possible but increase the FSB.

CPU voltage right now i found out that i do best with 1.300 voltage ("CPU startup") in Bios, CPU VId==AUTO, CPU Vid special control = +123% !

This gives you *roughly* 1.6V which is good for Aircooling. If i go any higher i do NOT get better overclocks, actually if i go higher (over 1.6V i get more instability. I think 1.300V startup +123% is good compromise for good overclocks and its not too high.

You HAVE to keep your LDT multi at either 3x or 4x, so LDT x "your FSB" is under 1000. If you eg. set 250 FSB then do not set LDT multi to 5 :) Under or about 1000 is fine and as low as 700 or so is still ok.

ALso..the thread at xs...actually MY settings (in my sig) are very tight since i cant use a TRCD of 3 i have to use 4, but the other settings are very tight...eg. the "write to read delay" TWTR i have at one and you might want to set that at 2.

But thats how i have it running here and so far so good.

If you take my settings (see link)...these SHOULD be good for at least 280FSB on the memory...and i would start up (make sure your voltages are all fine) eg. 9x 250, test stability, then increase up to 280, maybe 290.....SLOWLY...and see how far you can go. Just as a first test. But as said you should have done testing before already so you know what your CPU limit is and what your memory limit is instead of just increasing FSB and wait til instability occurs. Thats a brute force "quick" method but

system is better :)

Edit: also..you can use 10x multi and keep FSB lower, eg. 10x260 COULD work for you, maybe even 10x270 if you are VERY lucky :) Desired is always the best highest FSB to max out the ram and the right multi to max out the CPU with this same FSB then.

Eg. if you KNOW your mem does 290 and your CPU does 2600-ish (tested 2610mhz stable) then the perfect OC would be 9x290==2610.

i think you want too much all at once.... :)

you have to do this methodically and find your CPU's limit..which COULD be like mine at 2600, but it could also be lower or it could be higher.

You have to test the max of your CPU with a LOW memory frequency, eg. 200mhz.

Then use the highest CPU multi you have (10 ?) and slowsly increase your "FSB" and you have to keep checking your CPU stability with prime95 or OCCT...but always keep your FSB in the *safe* zone.

(Eg. if you just up the FSB with a LOW CPU multi you might rather hit your memorys limit or you will never know whether the instability you have is your memory OR the CPU)

--> ANd you need to test your max MEMORY limit by keeping the CPU close to default (2000mhz) but HIGH FSB and LOW multi and increase the FSB, keeping the CPU as low as possible but increase the FSB.

CPU voltage right now i found out that i do best with 1.300 voltage ("CPU startup") in Bios, CPU VId==AUTO, CPU Vid special control = +123% !

This gives you *roughly* 1.6V which is good for Aircooling. If i go any higher i do NOT get better overclocks, actually if i go higher (over 1.6V i get more instability. I think 1.300V startup +123% is good compromise for good overclocks and its not too high.

You HAVE to keep your LDT multi at either 3x or 4x, so LDT x "your FSB" is under 1000. If you eg. set 250 FSB then do not set LDT multi to 5 :) Under or about 1000 is fine and as low as 700 or so is still ok.

ALso..the thread at xs...actually MY settings (in my sig) are very tight since i cant use a TRCD of 3 i have to use 4, but the other settings are very tight...eg. the "write to read delay" TWTR i have at one and you might want to set that at 2.

But thats how i have it running here and so far so good.

If you take my settings (see link)...these SHOULD be good for at least 280FSB on the memory...and i would start up (make sure your voltages are all fine) eg. 9x 250, test stability, then increase up to 280, maybe 290.....SLOWLY...and see how far you can go. Just as a first test. But as said you should have done testing before already so you know what your CPU limit is and what your memory limit is instead of just increasing FSB and wait til instability occurs. Thats a brute force "quick" method but

system is better :)

Edit: also..you can use 10x multi and keep FSB lower, eg. 10x260 COULD work for you, maybe even 10x270 if you are VERY lucky :) Desired is always the best highest FSB to max out the ram and the right multi to max out the CPU with this same FSB then.

Eg. if you KNOW your mem does 290 and your CPU does 2600-ish (tested 2610mhz stable) then the perfect OC would be 9x290==2610.

Thank you very much for your information. I use it. I will test the CPU limit. At first i try to set 10x270 with 3x LDT. See what happens :). And then i search at the maximum with LDT and FSB.

I will come again and show my results.

@ RyderOCZ

Thanks for the help you have given me so far in getting my ocz memory working correctly.

I just ran memtest for 9 hours and got 136 errors, in tests 5 and 8. I have followed the settings you suggested in this. I really want the ocz platinum r2 ram as it looks a great overclocker but I don't seem to be able to get it in the uk anymore and so am reluctant to RMA it. I dont understand what I am doing wrong in the bios or if the sticks are possibly faulty? thanks for any help you can provide again.

/edit I have just run memtest 8 on each stick on its own and dont seem to be getting the errors, just when i run it in dual channel mode.....any advice how to fix this?

/edit 2 :) I think I have solved it, I have had to set Tref to 2560. Memtest ran fine for an hour without any errors in test 8 in dual channel mode. Fingers crossed eh guys!

Thanks for all your time, patience and help

Ne0

Then be sure to do Prime testing as well.

I have the same problem and even when Im Memtest stable it kills my prime within 20 seconds.

Thank you very much for your information. I use it. I will test the CPU limit. At first i try to set 10x270 with 3x LDT. See what happens :). And then i search at the maximum with LDT and FSB.

I will come again and show my results.

if you get it to 2700 stable then you can pat yourself on the back...but i think the chances might be rather slim...but you never know :)

if you get it to 2700 stable then you can pat yourself on the back...but i think the chances might be rather slim...but you never know :)

So i have new settings after the unknown crash of windows (i wasn't here i don't know what's happen).

I use LDT/FSB 3x FSB 270 Multiplier 9x.

Vcore 1.5 @110%

Dram 2.9v

At Dram i changed only Tref: 3072 another one weren't changed.

A try to set FSB 280 wasn't ok. Memtest shows errors.

Shall i change any Dram setting?

I will use prime95 but shall i shut down all programms for a better testing?

P.S: My Graphic Card are a little bit overclocked 430 Core and 445 Memory. It's maybe too hard for Windows :D

EDIT: It's runs now @2500Mhz with FSB 280x3 :) but 1.5v :( I set 1.3V 120% it's too much?

@prime95: Ouch it's a little bit complex what shall i use there are many possibilities?

So i have new settings after the unknown crash of windows (i wasn't here i don't know what's happen).

I use LDT/FSB 3x FSB 270 Multiplier 9x.

Vcore 1.5 @110%

Dram 2.9v

At Dram i changed only Tref: 3072 another one weren't changed.

A try to set FSB 280 wasn't ok. Memtest shows errors.

Shall i change any Dram setting?

I will use prime95 but shall i shut down all programms for a better testing?

P.S: My Graphic Card are a little bit overclocked 430 Core and 445 Memory. It's maybe too hard for Windows :D

EDIT: It's runs now @2500Mhz with FSB 280x3 :) but 1.5v :( I set 1.3V 120% it's too much?

@prime95: Ouch it's a little bit complex what shall i use there are many possibilities?

1.300V CPU Startup

CPU Vid AUTO

CPU Vid special Control +123% is best for me

Prime95 use options/torture test, either small FFT test

or large FFTs (tests some ram)

dont shoot for too high FSB right now especially if you have problems...maybe go up slowly from 270

I am considering trying some different memory as I am having issues with what I have . Many of the folks at this site like OCZ, so I think I might jump in with both feet.

My question is which flavor should I pick to go with this mobo that will increase my chances of success? High end or midrange stuff. OC options are cool but I would like some stability.

Thanks in advance,

billy

Which is the best working OCZ memory? Except the PC3200 rev 2.0...

Are there good enough to work with a UT nF4 Ultra-D ?

DDR PC3700 OCZ 1GB GOLD DUAL REV3

DDR PC4000 OCZ 1GB GOLD REV2 DUAL

Is there a problem in NOT being PC3200? Will it be a problem? 'Cuz my Kingston is a pain in the butt... And I need to change... and the PC3200 is not rev 2.0 (from the place I get my pieces)...

Or any other brand? A great, almost perfect and working good memory stick.. please ;)