Poor Overclocking Newer (ie:0503) Winchester Owners - Check This Out!

AndyOCZ

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its correct....This screen have 1.55v vcore.....Maybe can run lower but I had with hurry.

ya this is cold an awesome O/Cing dude :)

be happy that ur proc can handle this sped since most of us won't be able to even boot windows with it

now my proc after being stable @ 1.4Vcore 250x9 i was able to make it stable now 260x9 @ 1.55V

i'll leave prime running for sometime ( as a burn-in proccess ) hoping that i'l be able soon either to decrease the Vcore @ same speed or increase the FSB @ same Vcore aiming for the legend 280x9 and won't accept less than 270x9 as a maximum for O/Cing those ugly 3000+ 0504

EDIT: and sorry for double posting above :angel:

New Results: now i am running 267x9 == 2400MHz @ 1.55 volt also and have been folding for more than days :)

i think when i get up tom i'll restart and try to increase the FSB to 270x9 @ same voltage which i wasn't able to be stable @ 270x9 with Vcore =1.65 when i first go tthe cpu

I now officially announce that burn-in also works for cpu not only for ram :) ( i have used prime & folding for burning-in the cpu )

gonna keep u updated with my progress

How important is the LDT voltage and NB voltage ?

When overclocking ... which value should be chosen ?

I would say my 3500+ winnie 0505 clocks fine :D

Thieutje, you've not indicated which BIOS you are using. Please tell me, and if at all possible, can you post what your BIOS settings actually are? Some of us (ok, me!) are struggling to get a stable OC with this chip and motherboard.

Thieutje, you've not indicated which BIOS you are using. Please tell me, and if at all possible, can you post what your BIOS settings actually are? Some of us (ok, me!) are struggling to get a stable OC with this chip and motherboard.

Did you read the first post in this thread?

The bios file name i used for flashing is NF4LD310

I will post my settings soon, i have to go now.

Expect them on monday

well i have built my system already. but is there a way to check which winnie series it is without popping the case and removin my massive zalman hsf just to get the series? i hate to remove the zalman because i don't have anymore thermalpaste to replace it.!

btw thanks ANDY for the help. with the 1.4 x 123% i was able to hit 2.6ghz stable so far without any trouble! [prime running as i'm typing]... i'll let prime run for 1 or few more hrs and maybe up the fsb a bit more to check for stability! btw i think that winnies are pretty picky on voltage. too much and the winnie crash, too little it's unstable, just have to be right! :cool:

Did you read the first post in this thread?

Yes, Andy, I did. So far, I've not had good luck trying individual smatterings of settings as suggested by people who I am sure are well meaning and very experienced. However, I need "Overclocking the DFI-SLI-DR/Win 3500/Gold VX 4000 for Dummies."

Screen shots of successful BIOS settings for my specific combination of hardware and firmware are what I'm hoping to see.

You, Angry and Pershoot know what you're talking about. I don't. Hence I need the step by step instructions. Angry has offered to take my mobo/cpu/ram combo and apply his huge amount of experience (in consultation with yours) and OC this puppy for me, but before I pack it up and ship it off, I'm hoping I'll find someone with exactly the same set-up as I have. That seems like it will be a much better start than a different speed or model of CPU or different RAM.

This thread has got long. I propose that us 0503 people have another sticky to post our overclocks to help others to see what is reasonable with these chips..

For me, i found a sweet spot at 2.4 ghz using 10x 240 1:1 using 1.55v.

I tried 2.45 ghz at 1.6v, and it failed memtest. In my experience, if .05v does not give you 50mhz, then your pretty much at your limit.

Yea, i can probably get 2.45 ghz with 1.65 or 1.7v, but is it worth it?

Dunno, think a sticky for the unlucky is a good idea?

I posted a thread about my poor overclocking Winchester core over at Anandtech.. quoted below.

Hi guys, I'm on an Ath 64 3000+ 939 winchester core at stock speeds 1.8 GHZ. I'm using a DFI nf4 SLI-DR motherboard. The thing is Windows won't boot or will restart or crash if I up the FSB to anything more than 210 FSB.

210 FSB also gives me a memory corruption error while extended usage of the PC. I don't know where I'm going wrong here..

DRAM Configuration set at Auto (Using Corsair TWINXP1024-3200C2)

HTT ratio tested at 4x and 5x and Auto.

220 - 230 FSB tested (crashed)

LDT Voltage (Hypertransport bus voltage I believe) tested at default till 1.6V setting.

Chipset Voltage tested at default till 1.8V setting

Temperatures hovering around 43 C with 1.55 Vcore...

ADA3000DIK4BI

CBBID 0509CPEW

Oh yeah running a Zalman CNPS7000Cu cooling

On the latest bios revision which is 3.10... 210 FSB works fine but gives me memory corruption while testing. I don't know where I'm going wrong here :confused:

I have 2 MAXTOR SATA hdds connected to Nvidia SATA 1 and 2 ports and a Leadtek 6800 GT... I would also like to know what kind of chips are under my brand of Corsair... thanks in advance