Poor Overclocking Newer (ie:0503) Winchester Owners - Check This Out!

AndyOCZ

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the link, Jay. I keep hearing conflicting reports, however. In the threads at Xtreme and other places, where databases consisting of total OC, CPU type and total vcore are maintained, the effect of voltage seems very dependent on the week of the CPU. Many of the latter Winchesters are showing some response to increased vcore. I agree that it shouldn't take too much, and I'm not willing to heat things up to get a mere 100-200Mhz on the total overclock. I just got a higher throughput fan for my XP-120 today. I may try and see just what my cooling ability is with a little more juice. If I run into new errors doing that, I'll be sure to post the outcome here.

Of course, an alternative explanation to the increasing vcore seen in latter week Winchesters to achieve OC may be simply d/t the fact that the newer CPU's aren't overclocking well at all. As a last ditch effort to get some decent OC, users are likely applying more volts. I'll see what happens.

O/Cing from 2.2GHz to 2.34GHz @ the same vcore doesn't mean that ur CPU is any good

get it as high as 2.6~2.7GHz and see if it is stable @ not high vcore or not then u can say tat it is a good cpu

mine is stable when O/Ced from 1.8GHz upto 2.25GHz @ same Vcore, and stil i think it is very bad cpu since i can't get it stable @ any Vcore over the FSB = 250

You need to install it off the dfi cd that came with your motherboard, when the autorun menu comes up go under tools and install ITE Smart Guardian

O/Cing from 2.2GHz to 2.34GHz @ the same vcore doesn't mean that ur CPU is any good

get it as high as 2.6~2.7GHz and see if it is stable @ not high vcore or not then u can say tat it is a good cpu

mine is stable when O/Ced from 1.8GHz upto 2.25GHz @ same Vcore, and stil i think it is very bad cpu since i can't get it stable @ any Vcore over the FSB = 250

Its correct....This screen have 1.55v vcore.....Maybe can run lower but I had with hurry.

spi31.jpg

Well, I got my XP-90 today, and ofcourse I had to try it out. I cranked up the vcore to 1.55 and was able to pass Prime @ 10x240 1:1. But i tried 10x245 and it failed at 1.6v. Didnt have time to try a higher vcore. But IMO, 1.6 is getting to the limit, maybe 1.65. This CPU will never make 2.5 ghz. But even at 2.4 ghz, it is pretty darned zippy.

Well, I got my XP-90 today, and ofcourse I had to try it out. I cranked up the vcore to 1.55 and was able to pass Prime @ 10x240 1:1. But i tried 10x245 and it failed at 1.6v. Didnt have time to try a higher vcore. But IMO, 1.6 is getting to the limit, maybe 1.65. This CPU will never make 2.5 ghz. But even at 2.4 ghz, it is pretty darned zippy.

what kind of timings you running at 1:1?

i can run memtest all day at 240 1:1 but can't get a proper boot into windows, it still crashes my VGA, says "cannot be started error code 10"

i tried playing with the timings and voltages but nothing seems to work except a divider 9:10.

My Hyperx is a couple of years old, CH-5 chips, I think. Right now I am using 2-3-3-7 timings, but had this memory working with 2-3-2-6 also. This memory is using 3.0v.

Sounds to me like it is not your memory that is the problem. If you lower your multiplier does that help? Wondering if it is the CPU.