The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

also can someone tell me how to get temperature data from my pc? in terms of programming that is.. how do i access tht temperature data? i want to code some stuff myself.. but no clue where to start... can somone point me in a right direction?

Download the monitoring chips data sheets, read them and you should know what to do :)

I don't know of any open source monitoring software for windows, but there are some for linux (google it) that should show you how to access the sensors - see how they work and port the low level routines to windows (this might be pretty harder than I imagine :P)...

For the GPU code do the same, or PM me if you wish the code of my plugin. It won't help you much - it doesn't access the sensors directly, it gets it's data from the nv drivers...

Concerning you problems - open the nv display panel, open the temperatures tab - do you see the second temperature - if not it is not my fault, if you see it I need to do some updating :)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iLLestOne - when you copied the config file, did it ask you if you wanted to overwrite?

Also Make sure you have it set to voltage standard 4.

Post a Dashboard screenshot if you can.

Oxize - you have PM and a file.

Can you PM me a screenshot of the dashboard and maybe we can come up with something via PM so we don't confuse the DFI users?

And that was from the Asus data file I sent?

Anyone got it working on a nf4 ultra-d?! My chipset and dram volts are both negative...other then that, seems to work fine (cpu 28 idle, 40 load)

I can send you my file if you wish. I have recalibrated voltages with a DMM for cpu, dram, chipset, and i think i did LDT as well, i will have to double check on that one. I also calibrated the PSU 12, 5, and 3.3v rails with a DMM but seeing as we have different psu's, i dont know if this is a good or bad thing.

soundx98,

do you recommend against this because of the different hardware in the systems? Or would my modified file detect proper values?

Very kind of you to offer to help him out, but the issue is with setup.

I'm not saying the instructions are the best but in every case with the LanParty NF4 boards or _xhp_'s plug in it has bolied down to user error. If you take the time to carefully read the instructions everything will pop right up. I've probably walked a hundred users through setup when I had a company cellphone and it always works.

It's very easy to calibrate the voltages for your specific rig on the 12v, 5v, and 3.3v rails.

Other measuring points for various boards can be found in post #2. Lot of us do measure with a DVM, but it's still software and can be slightly off.

I had a collection of about a half dozen NF4 rigs that all used the OCZ520 PSU and they still weren't identical. Hale, I think most of us are thrilled we can come so close and have it all in the neat little dashboard and OSD (Cntrl+Alt+M if you haven't tried it).

But if you can send something or PM a clearer method of set up, jump right in.

The threads all about sharing info with our fellow "nerds".

Ok after my motherboard went out I realy did not have a chance to play with this program. This is what I have done.

I have never used this program before so I downloaded MBM5370. When I went to set it up it did not have my mother board listed even after I updated the list. So I upgrade with the MBMdata rar file. I am still not having any luck.

What am I missing on this? I know it has to be something simple.

Thanks

Ok after my motherboard went out I realy did not have a chance to play with this program. This is what I have done.

I have never used this program before so I downloaded MBM5370. When I went to set it up it did not have my mother board listed even after I updated the list. So I upgrade with the MBMdata rar file. I am still not having any luck.

What am I missing on this? I know it has to be something simple.

Thanks

That is the problem, you have to cancel the setup wizard as we know the DFI Lanparty boards are not supported by default. Extract the contents of the rar and rename the MBMData folder to Data, then drag and drop into C:Program FilesMotherboard Monitor 5 .

Ok I just uninstalled and did try again. This is what I have done.

I installed mbn5370 and canceled the setup wizard and then did a reboot.

After the reboot I took the MBMData folder renamed it to Data and copy and pasted it to the folder and over write the old files.

Now when I try to run the program MBM5.exe I am getting an error message

"the driver didn't load"

No matter how many times I hit enter it does not go away I have to go into task manager so it stops but the program will not load.

I am doing on my Vista 64bit OS incase that does make the difference.

Thanks for any help.