The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehehe, I wasn't trying to make the original hard :)

Bet most folks don't even know it is in there.

Gonna try yours for a while. Gonna do Orange and Yellow I think.

Big thumbs up.

Guest LithoTech
well i decided to give a shot at an OSD. its my first, so it is a little simple, and probably not organized very well. it took me about 3 hours from scratch to create this in notepad. i attached a .txt file to the bottom, because it is long. i am going to try making a list that is vertical tommorw. enjoy!

Great work! I rarely use the OSD, but going to give this a try and maybe use it more often.

That a black desktop background you using?

Depending on one's desktop background, the OSD fonts and drop shawdow effect have always made it harder (for me) to decipher the values. Particularly this that I don't use it, relying on the other mode and LCDs.

I like the use of color, and like the color in dashboard, helps pull relevant info easily to the eye!

I'm going to try a black desktop as well, for maximum effect and cancels the dropshadow on the type.

I was surpised at how simple the txt file is, at least after you've done all the real work it'll be easy to modify! Big thumbs up!

My initial reaction would be NO it does not.

I can't seem to download the manual from DFI Taiwan.

But I'm, almost positive the RS482 comes with it's own Hardware Monitor program. Probably better off staying with that for now. I'd hate for you to have issues.

Everest free version (at www.majorgeeks.com) may be something to try as well.

But if you do try it and it works I'd love to know myself. :)

Great work! I rarely use the OSD, but going to give this a try and maybe use it more often.

That a black desktop background you using?

Depending on one's desktop background, the OSD fonts and drop shawdow effect have always made it harder (for me) to decipher the values. Particularly this that I don't use it, relying on the other mode and LCDs.

I like the use of color, and like the color in dashboard, helps pull relevant info easily to the eye!

I'm going to try a black desktop as well, for maximum effect and cancels the dropshadow on the type.

I was surpised at how simple the txt file is, at least after you've done all the real work it'll be easy to modify! Big thumbs up!

yes, the black in the background is my desktop. im all about performance and desktop backgrounds use up ram (it might only be 15-20 Mb depending on its color complexity). i also disabled the shadows, but i added the commands to all of the lines. if you want shadows, just go into wordpad or microsoft word and use the "Find" and "Replace" function and just turn all of the OFF's to ON. you can change all of the colors that you wish and add and whatever, wont bother me :)

Well I'm having the same fluctuating CPU temp & beeping problem as everyone else with an Infinity mobo. I have the lastest bios & that hasn't fixed anything either. I've searched this thread and haven't found any solutions, so I'm assuming this problem is still unsolved....Thats weird how it will fluctuate with some programs (mbm, speedfan) and not with others (everest)

beeping is the alarms, they can be turned off.

Wish I could help with fluctuations but cannot.

Which version of Everest please?

Everest Home: 2.20.405

And yea, I can turn the alarms off, but that doesn't help my cpu bouncing around from -90C to -10C (which is slightly unrealistic on the stock HSF ), which is the main problem to me. I'm looking for a way to monitor my cpu temp without having ntune, or everest running all the time.

Untitled-12456.jpg

I made this guy in samurize & had it positioned on my second monitor,it was nice to just glance over & see my temps. But since i've upgraded from that rig (asus a7n8x deluxe & 2500 barton @ 2300Mhz) I can't have mbm or speedfan running in the system tray for samurize to get a cpu temp reading from :(

I understand completely regarding the fluctuations.

You're close by. I'd offer to drive up and help if I thought I could.

Never had a chance to play with an Infinity NF4.

Can you send me a PM on how the other sensors are reporting?

Maybe a screenshot?

Nice job on the Samurize :)

the other sensors seem to be reporting just fine, its just the CPU temp sensor thats all over the place, everything else seems normal (including voltages & fan rpm)

I'm at work right now, but i'll take a screen shot when i get home (about hour and a half) What do you want a screen shot of?