The CM Stacker case and some mods !!

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice job, thunda. very nice. your next mod should be that bedspread! :D just kiddin, man! how'd you mount that fan over your ram?

Yea i was washing my other blanket.. guess I shoulda changed that..lol

The fan is hotglued to a duct I have under the cpu fan..hehe

that perforated material at the bottom of your case... can you buy a sheet of that stuff or something similar at a hardware store or something? i cut a hole in the front of my case so i had to remove all the acrylic from the face. i want to use something like that to replace the acrylic with (a la the lian-li pc-v1000: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-112-051&depa=0).

that perforated material at the bottom of your case... can you buy a sheet of that stuff or something similar at a hardware store or something? i cut a hole in the front of my case so i had to remove all the acrylic from the face. i want to use something like that to replace the acrylic with (a la the lian-li pc-v1000: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-112-051&depa=0).

Thats a cool case you have.. It was in my choices of cases when looking.. :)

That stuff came in my case.. But im sure you'd be able to find it somewhere...

Not sure where tho..

no, i don't have that lian li. i was just referring to the perforated surface on the front of it. i've got an old enermax that i've modded the hell out of. it's an older version of this.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc....-124-071&DEPA=1

it'll be sweet when i finally do something with the front of it. see where the temp display (my didn't have one) and all the buttons are? well i took the acrylic off and cut a 120mm hole, put the fan behind it and moved all the buttons to the side. now i need a new surface to fit in around/over it.

anyone know where i can get some metallic mesh similar to the bottom of thunda's case or the front of the lian-li case i linked to earlier?

i almost ordered the Stacker today...i want it badly because it can run my Danger Den double-radiator (2x120mm fans on a single radiator)...I know id have to mod the case a little for it, but there's plenty of room in there (CPU Killer showed me how he did his)

instead though i ordered one of these:

http://www.svc.com/techstation-case.html

and if it works out well, im gonna order me a couple more and THEN a stacker lol

Thunda ... Great job with the case mods. Really like the idea of the CMOS reset.

Vega27 ... Try CrazyPC they have a hexagonal material they sell OR tear apart an old microwave and scavenge the grill from the front window. :D

• 1 month later...

141633 Coolermaster STC-T01 CM Stacker Aluminum Full Tower Case (Black) Retail $158.99 1 $158.99

Sub Total: $158.99

Discount: $0.00

Sales Tax: $0.00

Shipping: $9.97

ORDER TOTAL: $168.96

thread from the dead lol

going to put this in it:

Skyhawk 570w psu

DFI LanParty SLI-DR

Athlon 4000+ (E0 'venice' core)

2x512MB Corsair PC3200 rev1.1 (BH-5) or OCZ 4200EL Plat rev2 (TCCD)

2x Chaintech 6600GT SLI

SB Audigy2 ZS PCI sound

2x Hitachi SATA II RAID-0 (or 3x WD Raptor 36GB RAID-0)

Asus 52x CD-ROM

2x Papst low-noise 120mm fans (from DangerDen!)

Danger Den TDX waterblock w/Black Ice Extreme II (dual 120mm radiator)

Danger Den Maze gpu blocks (the new ones for 6600GT's or such)

couple more 120mm fans

a fan controller if i can find room

hrmm...what else?

hrmm...what else?

either a partridge in a pear tree or the kitchen sink... the kitchen sink gets my vote cos it sticks with the whole watercooling theme hehehehehe

PS, is the 4000+ a 1MB part or 512KB part?

Just asking cos Venice is 512KB and I thought the 4000+ were staying as 1MB... or is it 2600MHz 512KB?

either a partridge in a pear tree or the kitchen sink... the kitchen sink gets my vote cos it sticks with the whole watercooling theme hehehehehe

PS, is the 4000+ a 1MB part or 512KB part?

Just asking cos Venice is 512KB and I thought the 4000+ were staying as 1MB... or is it 2600MHz 512KB?

hrmmm...i assume since it is 4000+ that it would be 1MB...but wont really know until I get it (gonna go google for it now...when AMD comes up with updated A64 tables, I will put them on my Angrygames.com page like I have them already...but updated!)