New Beta Bios 250gb UT?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The annoying cold boot-bug is still there too :(

Why doesn´t DFI do anything about it?? How can a corporate like DFI ignore such a BIG problem for such a long time?? Shame on you DFI!

9*285MHz

Have you tried running stock to see if it still happens.. ?

I know these mobo's arent made to run stock.. but they sure arent gona guarranty 285htt... or the 270htt that im running..

I get the occassional boot problem but only when my timings are too tight..

What would running the board stock prove? That it might not coldboot anymore?(which it probly wont) That would furthermore proove the point that it is a bug and they need to fix it. I dont care if it happens at 200htt or 300htt...if it happens it needs to be fixed. I didnt buy this board to run stock and get beat by an OCed XP. DFI always releases boards that have coldboot issues, then they take about 6months+ to acknowledge it...then another 6 months to fix it.(NF2 ring a bell?). Im willing to bet the NF4 people have the same problem...

had a big reply and explorer died on me, and i aint going through the process again right now...

short version:

What would running the board stock prove?

Customer got what they paid for and should not EXPECT more

That would furthermore proove the point that it is a bug and they need to fix it. I dont care if it happens at 200htt or 300htt...if it happens it needs to be fixed.

Bug?

As in if DFI can not make an nVidia product run beyond what it was designed for and guarantee that running at beyond spec, it is a bug?

sorry to tell you but the bug lies with DFI...not any other company. It IS DFI's issue and it always has been. I wont take "blah blah past boards design isnt gauranteed" ...You can defend DFI all you want but this isnt the first time they have had coldboot issues...it is thier job to fix it REGARDLESS OF YOUR HTT. Any other board at the same HTT will not have the same problem. I said it before and ill say it again...every board DFI has released since NF2 has had this problem...so thats nvidia's fault? uhhhhhhh no

Customer got what they paid for and should not EXPECT more

ohhh yea...a DFI board at stock? thats worth paying for :confused: ? thats amusing... You might as well stick with a celeron if your going to run one of these boards stock...

...it is thier job to fix it REGARDLESS OF YOUR HTT.

i am lost for words. common sense needs to prevail here bro... aint no board gona ever get a "FIX" for instabilities at the HTT heights these DFI's are run at. There is nothing to "FIX", every MHz beyond DDR400 is the cream on top...

Oskar Wu would have spent more time writing the BIOS software then any of us would like to acknowledge... I work as a software engineer for embedded medical devices and I can guarantee you the software for this board is many scales of magnitude more difficult than my job. The fact Oskar has made a board that can run sooo dam high with stability for MANY users is an achievement in its own right... Sure some will get instabilities, but many will also run HTT well past the capabilities of Brand X and Brand Y.

Oskar is still working on new BIOSes and that is great... to be honest, my board has been flawless since day one and I run well outside the spec of each and every one of my components, bar the HDDs, so to say ALL boards since nF2 are dodgy is not the truth....

Something I wrote in my first reply before IE crashed on me was this:

Modded AntecTP430: 12.45v, 3.91v, 5.35v

Ever think your cold boots are related to another component in your system.... the system is only as strong as its weakest link bro...

is it just me or is anyone else reading this?

Tony: your b*tching because why again??

"well my 12V rail is already at 12.45 and I wont go higher...5V is at 5.35 and thats too much" and your 3.3 is a 3.93.

MY DFI doesnt have cold boot issues... nor does like 100000 other ppls.

maybe try to run your . a lil bit more close to within SPEC and see...

like no way no how is anyone able to have a legitimate complaint about there board not cold booting with 4v on your 3.3 and aiming for 280+ FSB.

obviously something is holding u back... be it the RAM or the CPU or the PSU or maybe its the USER. (im leaning to beleive its U since you seem to have some beef with the world.. those types of ppl get frustrated... and GO NOWHERE.

but ive seen about 100000 screen shots of ppl running 300+ FSB and having 0 complaints with their DFI. so hate me if ya want. but like GET REAL.. look what your bitching about. and im not defending DFI. im just stating the obvious.

edit** RABBI beat me to it

buy a ASUS and try it. hopefully that would work out for you.

and go start another post... this one is about the new beta.

which your situation doesnt pertain to.. since EVERY DFI has coldboot issues with any bios