Sign in to follow this  
ShRoOmAlIsTiC

New Beta Bios 250gb UT?

Yes, it seems bit odd, if we guess more, maybe the 3.3v line is reported wrongly too, if you measure it (by poking the multimeter to the orange atx20 line)

The fact that the board has a safeguard thing that is supposed to activate when the 3.3v rail is about 3.6-3.7v would suggest that the 3.92 isn't the real value of the 3.3v rail.

My board shuts off when the 3.3v rail is about 3.76v and my max vdimm is about 3.6v after that it's not stable (3.64v absolute max)

Anyway, 3.55v isn't bad at all, my BH5 and Winbond UTT chips goes 250MHz at 3,2-3,3v and with 3,6v 260MHz, so the extra voltage is for benching purposes mainly ;)

i poked the 4 pin odd shaped atx connector and it shows 3.87v now........yesterday it showed me 3.92v. i will try the 20pin one later. its kinda blocked atm.

this is really odd.

i want a clean 3.6v-3.7v

my BH5 hit 275mhz 2-2-2-10 @3.5v the other day and may hit more if i can give it more.

flashed and all is fine . looks good has a memtester in it and seems to run good a little on the slow side though . HHHMMMMM will have to see what is going on there...

Guest Nano

Flashed here and havent seen any improvement really, with sideband enabled I get maybe 60-70 more at the Sandra mem bandwith bench. I think I got just as much with the 827 bios...

Oh and feels like NOD32 takes lots of time to launch at startup too.

Im still having my same problem when using Vdimm over 3.5. If set to 3.5 in bios everything works fine every post. If I set to 3.6 It will work as long as the system stays booted and then when I reboot I get no post... I have to clear the cmos and go back to 3.5. So the only way for me to use 3.6 is if I set it every time and then clear cmos over and over and keep setting it. My 3.3V rail is at 3.91 so it should work...I would say its obviously a bug if it works untill a reboot...

Tony420, there is a overvoltage protection mechanism bout where you'r having issues... round 3.6v i think.

the board prob takes a reference from 5v or 12v to get vDimm accurate.... if you raise those rails maybe you'll get more on vDimm? im no electronics engineer.... but is that possible?

wow if thats the case i'm game. i'll try it.

my 5v right now is at 5.8v and 12v is at 12.2v

there definately is a bug in the board. but i unfortunately can't get 3.6v nomatter what.

yes alot more time . nothing much improved on my end that I could see . maybe some temp changes , but I don't use them programes to check temp's anyhoo . I use thermal prob's to do that . (real time is way better) ..

I ran the 1.28s for a day. then while burning some DVDs my system frooze restarted and failed to boot from HDD. As BIOS didn't find my HDD the error told me to insert systems disk. Long story short I formatted reinstalled Windows, then Flashed back to the 10.15s am at stock settings at the moments. May go back to the 1.22s.