Sign in to follow this  
ShRoOmAlIsTiC

New Beta Bios 250gb UT?

I'm running 3.5v on the new bios...i kept my overclock, and memtest reports much higher memory bandwidth (probably) due to the bank interleaving. sandra and the other windoze mem bandwidth benchmarks i use didn't show any gain, however.

my 3.3v rail is at 3.9v but i'm still stuck at 3.48v and no higher........can you send me the copy of the bios you're running?

i doubt it will make a difference.

the EB would never boot at 285 beefore but now it does and works fine in windows.

i can do sandra nad everest and a few loops of lobby high.

http://www.tictac.katrourke.com/bios/DFI-N32LD128-R1.zip

that's great news, hopefully il magically get a gain aswell :)

strange that your vDimm is limited to under 3.5v... what does smart guardian report your 3.3vRail when it's set to 3.9v Elisha?

bios shows 3.70v - 3.72v and smart guardian shows 3.66v - 3.68v

DMM shows 3.92v

i've tried all the vdimm moded bioses and they are all the same. doesn't let me go over 3.5v even if i set it above 3.5v in the bios.

thanx Shroom i'll give that one a try eventhough it might be the same one i'm on right now.

**edit: same dealno go over 3.5v nomatter how high my 3.3v rail is set. is there some jumper that i can remove or short out??? :confused:

running latest BIOS now, works fine... no change in MemTest stability really.

Although bandwidth in memtest went up about 200mb/s with bank interleave enabled :)

temps look the same and no other quirks i can find.... although i did hav to reboot my router to get things straightened out after the bios flash

Well i've had it with this new beta BiOS.

Random reboots, lockups, and general instability was more or less all i found after flashing and tweaking. Tried everything from known stable overclocks at extra voltage, to full "Optimized Defaults".

Maybe it was instability with my CPU (ADA 3400 AEP4AX - CBAEC 0431 UPMW - 1034812h40031), maybe my Memory didn't like some underlying settings ( GeIL Ultra Platinum pc4000 ), or maybe it was just bad luck ..

So i'm back on 10/15 BETA with MemTest86+ and flying along :)

my 3.3v rail is at 3.9v but i'm still stuck at 3.48v and no higher........can you send me the copy of the bios you're running?

i doubt it will make a difference.

It might be that the vdimm is actually higher than it shows on smartguardian or bios. Some of us has used a multimeter to measure voltage from board itself, mosfet q38 left leg is the measure point (next to dimm slots)

It might be that the vdimm is actually higher than it shows on smartguardian or bios. Some of us has used a multimeter to measure voltage from board itself, mosfet q38 left leg is the measure point (next to dimm slots)

I've learned to never trust smartguardian, the sensors for voltages isnt accurate enough, use a multimeter, smartguardian showed 11.4 volts on my +12V, measured in the molex'es and it showed 11,98. "Go smartguardian" :P

I've learned to never trust smartguardian, the sensors for voltages isnt accurate enough, use a multimeter, smartguardian showed 11.4 volts on my +12V, measured in the molex'es and it showed 11,98. "Go smartguardian" :P

Now thats true..

I dont really bother with "smart sheet"..hehe.. I used to always look at monitoring programs and then start to get paranoid when it wasnt within spec.. Now I dont bother and figure its stable so dont look at it..lol

thanx i tried that and the max it shows is 3.55v - 3.57v when set anywhere between 3.5v in bios to 3.9v in bios.

something is limiting me on the board.

i should be able to get a clean 3.6v to 3.7v cause my 3.3v rail it @ 3.92v+

thanx i tried that and the max it shows is 3.55v - 3.57v when set anywhere between 3.5v in bios to 3.9v in bios.

something is limiting me on the board.

i should be able to get a clean 3.6v to 3.7v cause my 3.3v rail it @ 3.92v+

Yes, it seems bit odd, if we guess more, maybe the 3.3v line is reported wrongly too, if you measure it (by poking the multimeter to the orange atx20 line)

The fact that the board has a safeguard thing that is supposed to activate when the 3.3v rail is about 3.6-3.7v would suggest that the 3.92 isn't the real value of the 3.3v rail.

My board shuts off when the 3.3v rail is about 3.76v and my max vdimm is about 3.6v after that it's not stable (3.64v absolute max)

Anyway, 3.55v isn't bad at all, my BH5 and Winbond UTT chips goes 250MHz at 3,2-3,3v and with 3,6v 260MHz, so the extra voltage is for benching purposes mainly ;)