Newegg rant

Guest ZigZag_merged

Lately shipping is taking longer. Must have something to do with Homeland Security I guess?

Ordered parts Tuesday & Wednesday 9 am PST & now they are being held at a local Fedex station until Monday. Prolly @ 5:30 pm as usual too.

this really bites....

Cannot schedule a pickup at Local Fedex as Newegg isn't available on Saturday (no one there) to authorize it.

Im done shopping there, 4 pages of parts for myself in past two yrs with them.

My landlord died two months ago & new landlord informed all tenants rent is goin up $150 per month.

What a day so far! Merry Xmas, bah.

:mad: :sad:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt it is homeland security or any of that. Probably the rush season is upon them and just way more than they can easily handle when it is not all handled at one time. Fedex and all. I have always had my doubts about putting all my eggs into one basket anyway. They get too much business and they will get the head and stuff begins to fail. But when they good> man is they good.

RGone...

We shoppin for a new apt.

New landlord has not done a thing to warrant an increase of $150 per month.

Just grabbed the local paper & searchin classifieds.

It'll be worth it in the end as I won't take another upstairs apartment. I like it on first floor.

Policy change:

Newegg.com will no longer give FedEx consent to hold packages for customers to pick-up at their local FedEx facilities due to fraud concerns. We humbly apologize for any inconvenience this precautionary measure may cause but we are simply trying to ensure the safety of our customer's purchases. We previously allowed patrons to do so but due to prevailing attempts to commit fraudulent activity this option has been revoked and is no longer offered. Similarly Newegg.com will not request that a package be re-routed to another location once in transit to the shipping address requested on the original order.

FedEx is the main cause of the shipping delays. I buy from more than 12 sources and FedEx has dropped the ball on deliveries consistently for the past 8 weeks. UPS and DHL have not had a problem getting things to me on time.

Newegg had a warehouse problem in California several weeks back that delayed shipment for thousands of orders. Items from the same order that were shipped from New Jersey and Memphis were shipped on time.

Recently shipments from the Newegg/FedEx co-located warehouse in Memphis have been delayed due to weather. FedEx is not responsible for weather delays among other acts of God. The main culprit is fog shutting down the freight flights to allow for passenger flight safety. Another factor is that FedEx prioritizes freight according to how much you pay.

FedEx is an incredible operation that runs on the bleeding edge. When I worked south of Memphis you could look down the length of the runway at night and see dozens of planes in the flight path coming in for a landing. It looked like a string of pearls in the sky. One little problem in the chain will cause a huge ripple effect down the line.

During off-peak times I can get standard deliveries a day or two early. If my driver has a full load my delivery will go back to the barn for delivery on the next or specified day. Only once in two years has a delivery missed the date. FedEx issued a case number and Newegg discounted my shipping back to the standard rate since I would have had to pay something to get it delivered.

I spoke to Newegg customer service about their delays and was treated very nicely. If the source of the problem is Newegg give them a chance to make it right. They have been very responsive to my problems and I will keep doing business with them.

UPS = Ultra Package Smashers lol

slow, late, missing, and most often DAMAGED...UPS is the one shipper I refuse to use anymore.

FedEx = sometimes (rarely in my experiences) late, but never missing, and in maybe 1,000 packages I've shipped out, only 1 to date was ever damaged.

USPS = I used to use them exclusively but now I prefer FedEX. I still prefer USPS for smaller packages to go Priorty, and I would trust USPS over Ultra Package Smashers anyday, even if USPS workers were all drunk and stoned out of their minds and decided to have a pinata party at work lol.

as for Newegg...they have gotten slower lately. A lot of the fact is that they now have a NJ shipping center and since i live 650 miles from newegg's CA location...it sometimes takes extra days to get here from NJ (and the fact that all my packages seem to get routed through Memphis anyway regardless of where they come from).

add that to the fact that they are even more popular than ever if that could be possible, holiday season, and bad weather here and there...all makes for some slower shipping.

still...its not like you will have DT's and see green men and go hit the streets for your crack money if newegg/fedex is a day late lol (well some of you guys I am not sure about...but most of us can wait for our crack for an extra day lol)