Newegg rant

Guest ZigZag_merged

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never had a problem with UPS here in the midwest, but FEDEX is another story. Sometimes they are good, sometimes they are bad, but they are inconsistent as hell. I'll ship UPS any day of the week given the choice between them or FEDEX. I can drop off my packages at any officedepot store and ship from there until 9 pm at night whereas the latest fedex dropoff around me is at 6 pm. I dont get home until 6 pm so thats not an option, and like I said, they are inconsistent as hell.

UPS all the way.

You might try Zip Zoom Fly formerly Googlegear. I have had excellent service and prices often beat Newegg. Newegg's shipping charges have reached some high levels for small items. Also purchased from X-treme Gear with good results

Guest culinist

Just ordered some stuff on Monday night and it got split into two orders, one coming from NJ and one from LA. The part from LA arrived today, a day early as usual. And the part from NJ is on it's way to Seattle as of now. not too bad. Same as always:)

Hmmm, I have purchased from the Egg in the past, but recently I have experienced some pretty shabby service.

1) Purchased an MSI SATA combo drive for my Lian Li case. Does not fit. Will not fit. Front bezel is too large and screws will not line up because of this. Newegg said, "This is not our problem, we cannot install the unit in every case out there!" Restock fee and shipping from and to would cost a total of $21.00. For a $45.00 item. Now on the shelf collecting dust. May go in one of my other 4 computers.

2) Newegg advertised a Jetway motherboard with a $30.00 rebate. I get the item and print out the rebate. Oooops rebate expired 3 WEEKS ago! Yes is was still listed on their website. Call the Egg. They tell me that rebates are there for the customers convenience. Take it up with the m/b manufacturer. :( Left 2 voice messages and 2 emails over 1 week. Nothing. Newegg has since corrected their website. Newegg wants a reference number from the manufacturer before they process the RMA. A supervisor allows the return without reference number that cannot be obtained anyhow. Restock fee -$6.00, $shipping from $5.00, shipping to$6.50. Once again I am out $17.50 (look familair?) for bad experience due to the EGG.

I would have to agree with some. Newegg shipping is way high for small items and their service has taken a turn in the wrong direction. Tom (Todd?) over there is not customer friendly. If you get him, hang up and call back. Granted nobody is perfect. But for a while, the Egg was a good thing. It may still be at times. But nowadays I spread the wealth.

Will start to buy from Allstarshop, LADtek, or ZipZoomFly

I will never order from newegg again. It's a long story....Slow shipping....Terrible customer support. I've ordered plenty from them over the past 2 years but no more. Something changed at newegg, new owners, management, got to big? Neweggs ratings have dropped off a cliff in the past 2 months or so. It's not hard to find complaints about newegg in various forums. Spend your money where you want but do a little checking about recent problems with newegg before you order from them.

Never had problems to bring the tracking number and the drivers license to fedex to pick my stuff up if it got there stuck. Usually all shipments i get from Newegg come one day early. Its rarely that a package actually comes right on time unless i ordered overnight. I just can say Fedex and Newegg provide good customer service, wouldnt know anything what i could say bad about either one of them.

Originally posted by Uncle_Sam

Never had problems to bring the tracking number and the drivers license to fedex to pick my stuff up if it got there stuck. Usually all shipments i get from Newegg come one day early. Its rarely that a package actually comes right on time unless i ordered overnight. I just can say Fedex and Newegg provide good customer service, wouldnt know anything what i could say bad about either one of them.

I picked up things that way too for the past 3 yrs.

They DO NOT allow pickups anymore.

i pickup packages from fedex all the time. usually because i wasnt home for the delivery. i have always had good experiences with both newegg and fedex. although i agree neweggs shipping has risen, i am sure mostly to make the holiday cash. i have np with that...i can always buy elsewhere if its too ridiculous..

Policy change:

Newegg.com will no longer give FedEx consent to hold packages for customers to pick-up at their local FedEx facilities due to fraud concerns. We humbly apologize for any inconvenience this precautionary measure may cause but we are simply trying to ensure the safety of our customer's purchases. We previously allowed patrons to do so but due to prevailing attempts to commit fraudulent activity this option has been revoked and is no longer offered. Similarly Newegg.com will not request that a package be re-routed to another location once in transit to the shipping address requested on the original order.