Highest Achievable FSB w/Mobile Athlon and Dfi NF2 Ultra Infinity?

gdogg

I am curisous what has been the highest fsb you have seen with a mobile amd cpu and a dfi nf2 board?

I know i'd be willing to go a bit slower for a higher fsb but am curious what has been the highest fsb's around.

I know i can get 250FSB w/o anymore volts, could get 270X8 w 1.8 on the chips

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm actually about to buy a 2600 mobile so I'd be interested in knowing what people have been able to hit.

I have seem up to 255x10 in some sigs, which I would assume is only on air.

I bet they would go up to 260-265 on water, maybe more.

can anyone confirm this??

You can push your FSB as high as your RAM can handle. Put your RAM on a divider and you can go a lot higher. Than you have to take in consideration of cooling and power. If you really want to push your FSB just lower multipliers.

Edit: Water cools a lot better than air therefore you can OC higher without overheating and destroying your cpu.

Originally posted by Gibjee

You can push your FSB as high as your RAM can handle. Put your RAM on a divider and you can go a lot higher. Than you have to take in consideration of cooling and power. If you really want to push your FSB just lower multipliers.

Edit: Water cools a lot better than air therefore you can OC higher without overheating and destroying your cpu.

DON'T YOUR RAM ON A DIVIDER!

Seriously not a good plan on these boards!

Originally posted by Twister

hm,dont know why water should get you more fsb oO

The only time I've seen water get more FSB is when there's a block on the northbridge. But at the same time, I've seen a couple of people with the swiftech NB HSF get comparable temps.

I'm still using the stock NB sink (with big fans mounted on the side of the case), and I can get good stability at 255. Up near 258 it gets tricky....prime fails after about 6 hours or so, so testing/tweaking gets tedious.

But, I'm betting better NB cooling WILL help push that FSB a bit more, assuming the RAM isn't what's holding you back.

Well Ive seen into the 260s and low 70s on very rare occassions and these are modded boards being pushed to the max. I heard of a guy goes by lastviking having one way higher than that but never actually seen it. Get some great ram and start hunting but anything past the 250s is extreme. After all the chip was only designed for 200 and 250 is already a huge increase. Look at teh evolution of the FSB..100..133...166...200...then we demand over 250:D

Originally posted by nebuchanezzar

Well Ive seen into the 260s and low 70s on very rare occassions and these are modded boards being pushed to the max. I heard of a guy goes by lastviking having one way higher than that but never actually seen it. Get some great ram and start hunting but anything past the 250s is extreme. After all the chip was only designed for 200 and 250 is already a huge increase. Look at teh evolution of the FSB..100..133...166...200...then we demand over 250:D

Lastviking had a 295 fsb cpu-z screenie. That was not with a Mobile, though, but with a Thorton 2200+ or something like that.

But on most cases, you have to mod the board to hell to achieve a gaming/benching stable fsb past 260 fsb. There are some exceptions out there, though, and it is rumoured that Lanparty nForce2 actually has the better possibility to reach higher fsb speeds. At least all the higher DFI benchers have used Lanparty boards.

In my case, I know my Mushkins crap out at 250fsb and unless I mod the board to have 3.5 Vdimm :cool: , my fsb is not going to get higher until I change to DFI nF3 / or nF4 & TCCD

thanks all of you who posted

but what and why was that guy talking about with the 60,000 number there

lol

btw im all air cooling

and just got a new case,

3 80MM fans exhaust in back

2 80MM in front intake

1 80MM bottom intake

1 120MM exhaust on top

1 80 intak on side

+ about a fan covering everything from video card, to north and south bridge to the capasitors and ram

Failed attempt at humour. Must mod myself to 3.6 funniness sometime.

Anyway, yeah um 250FSB seems achieveable on a stock board with adequet cooling if you're lucky. Just huntin that myself right now.

Others have already mentioned the extremes.