cheezies

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Tedy

thunda at 240 ?

YES.. with 2x 512mb in dc..

Just remember this is only memtest so far.. I can get into windows and run sandra.. havent tried any other benchies yet.. wanted to see where the burnin gets me first with memtest.. then ill check for other stability.. But memtest is definitly showing an improvement.. :D

haha... Well I was like what the heck, what do I have to loose .. So I left everything set like I was doing the burnin's ..

Then loaded up Joint Opts..lol.. Crashreboot..

Left my timings at 222 and turned off cpc.. everything is ok..

I guess I was dreaming about leaving cpc on..lol But im gona continue the burnin through the next week and leave cpc off..

Mounted a fan above my ram today, which in itself improved speeds.

I tried burning for a while @ 255Mhz with 11-2-2-2, but didn't really see much of an improvement. BUT... after reading the thread again, I realised that I shoulda been using 5-2-2-2-2 and eefe. I've set this and am now burning at 252Mhz, since it gives less errors than 255. I was getting around 10 errors per pass at 255, while a lot of you guys are getting around 10 errors per hour.

Finally, what does 1-1-2-1-1-2-1 mean? Is it the driving strength and slew rates for all 3 dimms? I tried changing these from auto, and the system refused to boot. Had to reset the CMOS and it now boots again with driving strength and slew rate on auto.

Yeah the 1,1,2,1,1,2,1 means just the tightest Alpha timings you can. They dont NEED to be that tight, but the idea of rapid-burnin is to hit the memory cells as hard and fast as possible. So the fewer waitstates in all things the better.

On the DS and SlewR settings. At some point you should experiment to find what settings give you the best results, but this is a very long tedious process of change/test change/test and only impacts very slightly. So FIRST get everything else tweaked to the absolute maximum...THEN tweak in the best possible DS/SR setting.

In OC'ing to find the true max, its important not to travel down the wildgoose lane. So voltages/timings first, balance FSB-vs-Core based on the best your components can do, then get more and more into the esoteric final tweaks.

Originally posted by THunDA

...xx..First night it ran for about 6-7 hours and I got 108 errors.

Second night with same settings I ran it for like 9 hours.. I got 30 errors !!!!

Right now on the third night its running 6 hours so far and I only have 6 errors.. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ....xxx..

I also did the same thing ...... a few hours every night, but I had to make two different sets of memory with different timings work. 2 x 256mb HyperX3000 (BH-5) at slots 1&2 and 1 x 512mb Twinmos with TMD chips at slot 3, for a total of 1 gig.

I usually work over 5 mhz higher than the my objective fsb; in my case I wanted to run stable at fsb 240x10; so I memtested every night at 250 x 10...... So to the best of my memory, this is how it went ....:shake: using memtest86 No.5:nod:

1st night ------- > half a million errors:sad:

2nd night ------> 400,000 ++ errors:eek2:

lets go to day 8 ---> 86,000 errors:eek:

9th day -------------> 50,00+:mad:

10th ----------------> 30,00+:(

I am now on the 15th day, however some nights were just 2-3 hours....... and it has not gone lower than 25,000; seems to be hovering around 30k...no further improvement.

However at FSB 245 x 10 ..... No errors.... stable with 3 loops of Super_pi 32 megs; loops of 3dmark2001/03; Sandra burnin 50 loops. Not tested with prime95.

However, I am not comfortable with a Vcore of 1.925 and Vdimm of 3.3; chipset 1.8; Vagp 1.8 .... would prefer lower voltages. Will probably finally settle with 235 x 10 as this allows a Vcore of 1.825 and a Vdimm of 3 volts.

Yes !!! Memory can be CURED like wine.. ;)

Yes I guess so at fsb 245 x 10, BUT.............

with the 11/27 bios I can run those parameters at 252 x 9.5...but I had a lot of warm boot problems. I had to reset several times before a succesful reboot and at 1.95 vcore; although temps never got above 55 degrees. Not comfortable though w/ Vcore.

Tedy.........

I have a desktop Barton, not a mobile; but still i become uncomfortable exceeding 10-15% from rated default Vcore of 1.65 volts...

Temps at present have never exceeded 50 degrees, usually hovering at 45-46.