uwackme's bh-5 burn-in

cheezies

Originally posted by RGone

:D ... are the 7MystX timings or Alpha timings. Seven if you note and not 6 as in Dimm/Slew. I know you can count, Mike. Heheheheheehe.

Sincerely, RGone...Shettmaster1:nod:

I sure can. :) I take it these 7MystX timings or Alpha timings are not avaliable in the standard BIOS... Which BIOS can I get where I can use these timings? I've heard of hellfires one before, would this one do?

Update on my burning in at 5-2-2-2, 253FSB with CPC on:

2 hours - total 150 errors

3:14:15 - total 250 errors

EDIT: Is this a good amount of errors, or shall I decrease the FSB a bit?

My target is 250FSB prime blend stable, but I only have standard northbridge cooling... I'm gonna have to cross that bridge when I get to it.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D I will tell thee my personal findings. None of the bioses from 11/27 to gawd knows howmany there are build off the 6/19; has had the ability to up my attainable FSB by 1 single point. One bios may tend a little one way or the other but for me and my 4 DFI sister boards>no bios upped FSB by even a point. So in some respects the extra adjustability brings with it the penalty of 'needing' to adjust the extra timings and then you are in "multi-loop mode" if not careful.

Hellfire & Co. are very very talented and have done wonders I presume with the DFI sisters's bioses but for me I find that using these more tweaked bioses means > you MUST tweak more and there we go into "multi-loop tweak" mode. Hehehehe.

Flash the plain 6/19 bios that you can get from the official DFI downloads and you will get the 7MystX / Alpha timings and CPC off. Then prepare yourself for tweaking as you will have to do some.

Sincerely, RGone...

PS: if you do not have spare "pre=flashed" bios chip or bios savior already flashed and useable>>do NOT wander off into "FlashLand". As serious as I know how to be. RGone...Again...

uwackme : so you have KHX3000/512 ?

were they purchased from zipzoomfly ?

my friend has dfi and this ram

he's been able so far

217 with CPC on

245 with CPC off

so he definatly needs "BURN IN" ? Right...

Originally posted by RGone

Flash the plain 6/19 bios that you can get from the official DFI downloads and you will get the 7MystX / Alpha timings and CPC off. Then prepare yourself for tweaking as you will have to do some.

I'm already using the 6/19 bios, so I guess my burning in is working better than expected. :) Currently burned for 8 hours @ 252Mhz, errors went down a bit, but not completely. I am now burning now at 253.

Also, when I'm running memtest normally, my system always has troubles with memtes86 test#6... It's the only thing that stopping me from hitting 250FSB memtest stable. I guess the burning with should help with that... but I was wondering, would burning with memtest86 test #6 help at all? Or would it be a waste of time?

Tedy: BIOS saviour allows you to backup your systems existing BIOS, and restore it incase anything bad happens. I don't have one myself, but I'm gonna get one soon. They can save your whole motherboard

I got my second pair of mushkin pc3500 level2 1gb dc bh-5 kit this weekend. They're doing 10x255 now with the uwackme's burnin method. I've already done a burnin of 5 hours at 10x250 with completely no errors!

The settings i use are:

Vdd 1,9

Vddr 3,30 (my bios overvolts these a bit to 3,34)

Vcore 2.0 (for testing)

Vagp 1,7 (80mhz on agp clock)

FSB 250 and 255 (till now)

MP 10

Alpha timings: 2-3-3-3-3-3-4

Mem timings: 11-2-2-2-2.0-9-12

Slew rates: 6-7-6-7-6-7

So i expect this ram to be pretty good.

I'll keep you informed.

Originally posted by uwackme [/i]

"On the errors... a few is ok, but not a bazzillion"

Is that in one run of test nr5 or in 6h ?

I mean, 100errors in 6h or 100errors in one single nr5 test?

cheers

wez

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

This pair of Mushkin PC3500 Level 2 1GB DC really rocks till now. It's been doing, since last night, over 10 hours of memtest test 5, over 400 loops, at the tightest timings on fsb 255 without errors.

ZERO errors, do you read....0!

Really kicks butt!

Me iz happy.

@Tedy: no i got them both from E-Bay. A third set of Kingston Hyperx PC3200 1GB DC BH-5 Kit is on their way. Are you interested in the first pair of Mushkin PC3500 Level 2 1GB DC BH-5 kit i got? They've been doing FSB250 at the tightest timings, completely prime, memtest, pifast (superpi) stable.

Wez On the errors.... I liked 10-20 max PER LOOP of the test. The thing is, when errors are found it takes a break to record the tally.... which takes time away from HAMMERING the ram :nod:

SO the fewer the better. The idea is to hit the ram as hard as possible, fewest waitstates, fastest FSB and core speed possible...bam bam bam.

Tedy, yep KHX3000 from Zipzoomfly. 217 cpcon and 245 cpc off is already pretty good. Only time and testing will tell where the max is for any given stick. I cant hurt to give them the 72hr treatment.

Wizz.... Im jealous, thats some mighty fine ram. One thing for sure, Mushkin was chosing the cream of the cream when they were speed sorting thier BH5 chips. Mushkin lvlII's seem to always cough up the highest of the high results.... though Macci and Lastvilkings highest results have been 2x 256M Kingston sticks....the relabel/packaged BH5's with fewer pins.

Agreed with RG, the bios itself rarely can give you high FSB, but the extra settings of the later bios's can get you to where the max is....tweak tweak. Dont forget about drivingstrength/slewrate tweaking.... very tedious but there is help there. Alot of the "variation" you see in various NF7-S bios results comes from the "default" on certain settings that _WE_ get to just set on the user level.

Im very angry, the way Abit does the DS/SR, TicTac cant actually alter it in the bios. So ABit's default of DS 3, SR 10 (DS 2 on D10's) is hard coded in a way he cant mod....at least not thats been found. My BH5's in the NF7-S hit 248Mhz with default setting, and 252Mhz with 6/7 like I use on the Infinity.... thats 4MHZ off the top which in the OC'ing game is REAL MEAT.

This here is one of the principle reasons DFI rocks and ABit sux-butt... no bios support.

So for 2x 512M on ABit i'd have to use WPCRSET to set DS and SR at 210Mhz, then up the FSB, all from windows, stuff I do NOT like the idea of having to do. I already have to use WPCRSET to set the alpha's, etc. :mad: