Sign in to follow this  
cheezies

uwackme's bh-5 burn-in

Originally posted by existz

6/19 works the best IMO and use award flash

I second that..

Try the modded after you get it all set up, find a highest stable oc first with the standard official bios.. I think the work Hellfire does is great but for me the official seems to oc the best.. So its really a try it yourself thing .. imo..

Another question... would a VDimm mod allow for extra fast burning in, or would it kill the RAM? Even tho I'm burning my BH-5 in at 3.3v the chips aren't even getting warm, so I'm tempted to give my chips 3.4 or even 3.5v.

Originally posted by MikeHunt79

Another question... would a VDimm mod allow for extra fast burning in, or would it kill the RAM? Even tho I'm burning my BH-5 in at 3.3v the chips aren't even getting warm, so I'm tempted to give my chips 3.4 or even 3.5v.

Whitout extra cooling my khx3200 bh-2 is getting reeealy hot when iam doing burn in, you burn your self if u toutch em @ 3.3v :nod:

Whit extra cooling, (a fan blowing on them) they are nice and cold.

But iam still gona do a vmod cus i need more juice to go on.

I did some burn in last night @ 255 5-2-2-2 3.3v i got 300 errors in 9h.

Even if i can play games @ 260 5-2-2-2 3.3v i want to get rid of all the errors just to be safe.

iam at school now but i have memtest running at home, maby 8h, i will post back when iam at home and se if the eroors are gone

Originally posted by Tedy

uwackme...

so single memory and cpc on or off..what is better and more efficient "burn in" ?

On page 2... ;)

Originally posted by uwackme

I was doing ONE stick at a time, and doing CPC ON., 5,2,2,2.0

I actually used my NF7-S as the burnin mule, so the alpha timings etc were ABit default and cpc is on cause at the time there wasn't a CPC off option. But on DFI I'd do alpha's of 1,1,2,1,1,2,1 along with CPC on to be as TIGHT as possible. You dont want to give the ram cells a moments rest.

So 5,2,2,2,2.0; e,e,f,e; 1,1,2,1,1,2,1, auto/auto

Run memtest #5 and see how high you go till you hit just a few errors on a run. At this point put it in loop for 6 hours. Then up the FSB 5-10Mhz see how it is, and loop again for 6 hours. You should see upward progress of the "error" point. But 72 hours is a good ballpark for the process. This is an accelerated effort, most effective in waking up VIRGIN sticks. The last 10+Mhz FSB you will ever get out of the rams WILL take 1-2 YEARS of normal operation.

That is why older Ebay sticks do great and brandy new hyperX3000 sticks start out slow....the older stuff out there "used" has been burned in through use for months/years.

This is also why noone realized initially that BH5 was...GAWD. It took time and burnin before someone noticed HOLYCHIT BATMAN!!!

Cooling during this is paramount. Thats why I resorted to taking OFF the heatspredders and putting a 80mm fan directly over the DIMMs during the burnin....and for any ram "limit" testing actually.

Other variables enter in, what DIMM slots, what Vdd setting is best for your NB chip, what are the limitations of your CPU fsb and Vcore circuits.....when you start reaching the maximums.

I use DIMM1 and DIMM3, and 1.9Vdd...but your setups might like a different arrangement.

Also, once you have gotten the ram closer to its peak, the drivingstrength/Slewrate settings vs what DIMM slots will get you a little more FSB, its all trial and error from here.

** I didnt believe (as an engineer) in burnin on these till I saw it with my own eyes. Took 6 sticks of virgin HyperX3000 which peaked at 185Mhz and got them all to 240-245Mhz with this treatment.

Im looking forward to Vmod'ding my Vdimm to 3.4-3.5V so I can break the 250Mhz barrier....without waiting a year+ :nod:

In my sig... I use 9 and 12 for those.

CPC on hammers harder than CPC off...for the burnin. Once it stops moving up, switch over to CPCoff (on 512M sticks) and see how much further you can go.

More voltage is always better, as long as cooling is there. I havent Vmod'd yet....why couldnt it be 10K or 20K pot, I got a bazillion of them ;-) Hate that $20 min order from Digikey, plus $5-7 shipping.

i have weird system...doesnt work more then 210 at all geeze

was able to "burn in" khx3000/512 today 225mhz memtest cpc on.....etc...

weird weird

i thought that's what it was but just checking.

Also i tried the 1121121 alpha and lost video. Then using BS i couldn't get the chip to reflash. Any idea?

lost video? but it sounds like still booting? might try a simple PCI old video card....yank the AGP card. Boot and then set the alpha's more loose.