The DFI Street Lounge

Guest culinist_merged

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took a trip up to Fairbanks, AK. to visit my #1 Son and while

there he says c'mon Pops I'm gonna to take you out to a hockey

game. You think you luv pro football... wait 'till you see this.

Gotta tell youse guys. This hockey is where it's at. At the time

I didn't know doodly about the game as I had only seen it on

the tube. That plus immediatly I realized that seeing hockey

live was a whole new adventure.

Peeps who attend the hockey game really get serious and get into it. There can be some bad blood attitudes.

Time for some lunchie. Got me a couple BLT's in my brown bag here all I need to go with 'em is a beer. or two.

Alaska Aces = our team's most hated foe

1 - 5 minute major + 10 minute game misconduct penalty, 1 fight, a crapload of bad blood, and us scoring 5 goals on those sissies and chanting the Aces goalie's name most of the game.

there's nothing like seeing live hockey. If you think its dumb, or you think you hate it, you've never been to a real game (trust me, i hated hockey growing up because I had only watched it on tv once in a while).

www.echl.com

www.theahl.com

check to see if you live close to a team...if so, grab the wife, kids, and a couple of cheap tickets (don't site behind one of the goals, tell the ticket person you want to be between the 'blue lines' if possible).

like Pops said...you don't know how great it is until you have actually watched it in person...its like one of those japanese cartoons that make you go into convulsions/siezures theres so much action hehe

(dont you mean BIZARRO ACTION?)

Yeah hockey is cool. Nascar is cool too. If ya never been to a cup race and only seen it on tv, Don't knock it. It is just as much fun and one hell of a party too if ya stay for the weekend---especially if ya on the infield in the "big party zone" !!!!

i went to Daytona when i lived there (Orlando) once...

*yawn* cars going a hundred miles an hour in a left-hand circle...

the only thing interesting about NASCAR is the fights...and there was a LOT of fights between dumb drunk rednecks in the stands (and dumb drunk women rednecks haha those were the BEST).

cars that only go left in a big oval is pretty darn boring to me (mebbe not to others).

if they mounted guns on the cars, or actually *GASP* turned right once in a while (Forumla1 is great!) then it might be more interesting...until then, I'd choose to watch Harvester Demolition Derby on ESPN Classics hehe.

Don't you mean BIZARRO ESPN CLASSIC?