250GB Installed.

No I am not using booster, I am using the modded Beta bios with a mod on my 3.3 rial for my PSU. Turn the 3.3 rail up and you can get what ever your PSU will put out.

Right next to the Dimm slots you will find a 5 legged mosfet, the far right leg reads Vdimm but with the bios & PSU mod you can use the base of the mosfet to read.

Here is a link to the bios, the first being the beta bios from Oskar & the second being the modded beta bios, it will allow you to chose up to 4.0vdimm but you have to mod the PSU to have the volts first.

http://webpages.charter.net/jess1313/DFI%2...%20Beta%20Bios/

All you really have to do is install the bios & set it to about 3.5 & then use your rail ajustment to set it with.

I found my PSU goes into OVP at about 3.86 so this is all I can get, like I need more. hehe

Jess1313

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG ive been waiting months for this oard and after a painful ownership of the Ultra B I was really holding out for this to be the one for my 3400+. If it has cold-boot issues i.m going to seriously cry, and never buy a DFI again. Please don't let me down DFI, I get my boared the day after tommorrow... :(

lol hola Richdog...long time no see ;)

everyone needs to keep this one important thing in mind:

AMD declares strictly that they do not support MOBILE cpu on desktop motherboard. Oskar says he will try to get them supported, but if it causes more problems than we can cure, we will pull support for the mobile processors quickly.

We wont have the same issues we had with the NF2 and the surge of mobile processors. I know that it wasnt always mobiles that caused the cold boot probs but it was the majority.

Rich: did you try the 6/19 bios?

1. Sometimes if you push to far, the bios will reset itself to defaults and you loose it all!!!! WRITE DOWN YOUR SETTINGS ALWAYS!!!!!!!

2. Got 1 stk of 3700EB that is still going at 251 / 1817 memtest BW. The other stick has problems in the same setup beginning @ 240+, so unless OCZ is willing to help me out, I can go no further. (They don't have to help since it IS IN SPEC, but they have been helpful b4, we'll see:confused: )

3. Zalman CNPS-7000A/CU should be okay and gives good cooling (will check for sure in next few days?). You see the top view of the hyper6 in my pic and it cools JUST FINE :nod:

4. Can't boot up at all using 120 or 100 dividers, 140 does work correctly just can't believe the setting (remember the pic), went and used the calculator this time and kept act mem speed @ 250.

Got my best BW at 150, 140 divider. :nod:

That's all for now.:mad:

Originally posted by Angry_Games

lol hola Richdog...long time no see ;)

lol hello bud you're about to start seeing a hell of a lot of me again now ive ordered the DFI NF3 250GB ive been waiting for it for what seems an eternity, and in the mean time ive been using a Gigabyte board, hence why I havent been seen in the parts in a while. All that is about to change however... and besides, my Rgonian has started to get a bit rusty now, I need to brush up.;):D

Originally posted by Angry_Games

ya anyone going to use a Zalman please post a pic of it once you get it installed, or at least link to SVC or Newegg or something the exact one you are using

i know from test-fitting that the 948U is a perfect fit (with the correct K8 hardware GRRRRR) but i don't know about the Zalman's as they are pretty wide at the top.

there's 4 caps between teh socket and the DIMM slots and i dont want anything to hit/touch/bend those...otherwise there's a lot of space around the cpu socket.

Hi,

if you mean the CNPS7000 - it fits - this is an actual picture after I mounted it:

1701Zalman_mounted-med.JPG

RichDog

I have threw every thing I could & more at this board, and she kepts smilling back at me over & over agian.

With a desktop CPU you will no probs to speak off, mobil cpu is having a little boot problem.

The board is rock stable and is built off very high quality part.

The mobil support, I fell Oskar will get. Shuttle got it to work with the SN85 SFF so Oskar should have no probs. Although it may take so time.

Atleast he is willing to try, not like some othere we have had to deal with.

Jess1313

Originally posted by chickenrun

Hi,

if you mean the CNPS7000 - it fits - this is an actual picture after I mounted it:

1701Zalman_mounted-med.JPG

wahahaha i knew someone would show me a pic...I know it will fit now, and will have to smash my hand with a hammer to keep it from smashing my other hand from ordering something that ISNT a thermalright heatsink...

And confirm that thermalright is correct that it fits, and Test it for Us:nod: or.... (whispers hyper6 hyper6 hyper6 :D )

I will post tonight what I can get w/ the good stick and what my settings were to get there. All settings will be for the good stick; adding a second one seemed to drop mb/sec (memtest) by about 25 MB/Sec :confused:, but I got up to 1812 Mb/sec at 250 FSB and there was headroom left. Gotta nail down what the stable limits are for the 2 sticks respectively and then work from there. (need my gig :) )

Waiting for some fan/ nb improvements from SVC. Going for QUIET now. Will post pics as I do stuff.