250GB Installed.

Opp and Bigtoe for settings, etc over at xtreme. As we know however, they have some minor problems :rolleyes:

(just went over and saw note they are working on it and nothing was lost :shake: (where's sigh of relief smiley/))

Tried booster one more time b4 going to bed last night, plugged it in slot 1 and then 3, no spin up or bootup, no life at all. Pop it back out and restarts fine (shrug smiley?)

Now that I have had my fun for the moment, back to burnin.

System needs BandWidth (BW) stretching exercises so went back and ran at 300(HTT)/250(mem) overnite, now pushing at 305 / 254 now. BW = 1702MB/s (Bandwidth is for others to compare and contrast w/ under equivalent test setup) Vcore / vdimm = 1.5/2.9 for now.

So where's some other data? I KNOW Someone else has to have this board :nod: .

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was getting 37-3800 at 8x300/250 on the chaintech, looks good.

Board is getting better after a day of burnin

Can you try memtest and post values for comparison? :D

7x350 (262 FSB) 1709 memtest BW :D

(for comparison on DFI NF2, BW would be about 1550 at 250+ on Bh5 SC)

I'm not sure what memtest you are using?? But I have Learned that running Memory 1:1 is the only way to go,Same on my Previuos Socket 754.

The OCZ 4200 tops memory tops out @ 255FSB/HTT it should be 266 but I have this memory on 3 different boards and 250 is prety much it.

How I have the board setup so far, note FET sinks (will do Vcore tonite?)

mb.jpg

My setup on 'The desk'

dfiut_004.jpg

I LIKE THIS BIOS LOOK AT THE MEMORY SPEED FSB (AND ITS PASSING!) :D:rolleyes::P

dfiut.jpg

BUG REPORT***********

AG/RG would you show the bottom pic to OSKAR, there is a bug for 140 divider, acts the same as 150 (which works okay) but shows actual FSB for HTT. I like the speed shown, but I want the divider bandwidth

Originally posted by jess1313

Mad-Mike

Are you getting 350 HTT speed, I havnt been able to get over 300, with the dividors I need 320 the get my mem where it should be.

I havnt added cooling to my chipset yet it could be that.

I was going to comment on the chipset cooling as well... can I just buy one that fits an NF2 northbridge, since it seems to have the same hole configuration? Also, what would you reccomend (cheap, active, decent qality). Thanks.

EDIT: Madmike, I see that your mem is in slot 1 and 2... is there any advantage to running 1 and 2 rather than 1 and 3?

Yes I can do this with my OCZ but my BH ram at 250 out performs it. 3-4-4-8 is just not enough to out perform 2-2-2-5.

If I had EBs it may be diff. The PQI 2-2-2-5 would be good but there out of stock on it.

Mike I dont have room for that kinda cooler, but it must have help you to run that. I have a blue zalman I am going to use because it will fit.

I have a Thermalright but it will not fit, I could clue it and get it but i really dont want to use cement. I would have to off set it also. It wants to hit the ram sinks on my 9800 pro.

I think the zalman will do good enough with a fan mounted, but I believe they need something I have been seeing 55c temps with the stock cooler( thats with a prob) & no fan. I can just hold a fan over it & get it down to 45c. needs to do better than this.

Jess1313

Originally posted by bypolar

This is what I did. But you will have to use a crapy Video card to get it to fit.

and I found slots 1,3 to be better than 1,2.

Thanks for the image, and the info on slots 1 and 3, I appreciate it :)

I can't really go that route with the chipset cooler, as I will have a vga silencer on top of my already big enough x800pro... maybe a flatter one, but with a fan as well, I dont knwo.

Actually, the one that mad_mike has looks to be a perfect fit... I think it's a Vantec?

Would this one work?

1. Burning (memtest #5) @ 358 now. (memtest86.org - v1.25)

memory is @ 268, 2505 CPU 3-2-2-7 1748mb/sec

***********BUG REPORT?????????????

Attempting to change the multi from 133 (no other change here)

to 120 or 100 @ 6 multi would not post. Had to hold down insert key when hitting reset or power on to get to bios. Can someone else play around and confirm / deny this please?

2. 6 multi gets some good results but seems really hard to get anything working error free for now, so 7 multi for the night.

3. Chipset fan here And yes I have a 9800 pro/VGA silencer and it fits. :nod: Yes drieu. (I have to get the copper one since I won't steel my wife's.

4. Slots 1+2 together work better than 1+3 since trace length is shorter, however this is tradeoff for cooling (too close) so its a tossup. (At least until I decide to void yet another warrantee and swap out the OCZ heatspreaders for some ones of my own design (think copper that covers mem extending into fins 1" high above memory, done it b4 :shake:)

5. This is just an intiutive thing, haven't measured yet but higher HTT w/ bigger divider and smaller mult (mem and CPU FSB should stay the same) seem to get better bandwidth at a given speed,(I was up to 1809 mb/sec which failed miserably at 133 divider (~385 HTT)). However the question is can everything handle that bandwidth?