XP-sp2 released for download

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if SP2 does performance bad against SP1, it would be only about few margins different. Even if it does perform bad against SP1 I am going to install it anyway.

I won't install SP2 Firewall and AntiVirus thing though, coz I am using third party software such as Firewall and Antivirus programmes.

I won't install SP2 Firewall and AntiVirus thing though, coz I am using third party software such as Firewall and Antivirus programmes.

its just a sort or alerter to warn you if you have no AV or Security, or if you have it disabled..

They did finally add a pop up blocker to IE....

Yep , bloody bout time too.

Dont know if this is related to XP SP2 but since installing it going from SP1a , all my downloads freeze in I.E and Firefox.. ??

dont av that prob in P2P progs so i can guess its some I.E. Layer thingy..

done a memtest86 to make sure it was not ram related..

any other ideas or something i could be missing..

Originally posted by NoOne

no portuguese version yet :(

Hueueheuehe...teve que ouvir essa merda desse Canadense hem?? hahahahahh. African...putz...vontade de mandar o cara a merda.

Sorry....this is for cantankerous translate....

thanks RG but the link aint working , ask me to log in, i signed up but sill cant get to what your showing us.. :)

Managed to read da post, not alot of help , just bitching bout SP2 lol...

looks like i`ll be in contact with m$

Your download issue is more than likely going to be a TCP/IP stack problem or a winsock failure, possibly as a result of a reg corruption during upgrade. The other thing is now you don't have enough space on a cd for a slipstreamed install with both SP's.

Dang!

Trouble right here in River City! Big Trouble

Been running two earlier releases of Sp2 on LanPartyand the kids PC without issues. Upgraded the LPB and workHO without issue.

Did Sp2 upgrade on the Asus A7V333 point of sale machine. Yes, important stuffbacked up to a 2nd HDD. Been running fine 24/7 with an XP2200 at defaults.

I'm getting constant reboots after "loading windows" screen.

c0000135{unable to locate component}

This application has failed to start because winsrv was not found. Re-Installing the application may fix this problem.

Need some help bad. remember I'm basically computer illiterate so make sure it's in n00bese so I can unnerstan. :)

EDIT: Problem fixed - Windows Repair.