Hellfire's 6/19 Bios With 12/18 ROMSIP

Guest Hellfire_merged

Originally posted by FlyingHamster

hey guys, if my games crash, but my comp doesnt freeze, what does that usually mean? do I need more vcore? agp? vdimm???

cuz right now im trying to get 240x11 stable. at 1.975 in bios, 3.2vdimm, 1:1 ratio, 1.6vagp, 66 agp

just thought i'd hear your suggestions. :D

Try to up vdimm, vdd and agp clock (70-80MHz), set your agp voltage to 1.7V, try different ram slot combinations...

What especially do you consider a crash of a game? It drops ya back to desktop? Or locks up? Can you just close it with the taskmanager???

I have a similar problem with Halo... it's starting up, then, when the menu should appear it drops me back to windows throwing an error message at me. That's even with low overclocks... Dunno what that is. I am also unable to update that game :(

Max Payne 2, Far Cry and other games work though...

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks SAE, I will try those things :)

by crash I mean crash to desktop. I thought earlier that it was just crashing to desktop, but later when it crashed, I restarted the game, and then it froze. so a lil of both.. catch my drift?

its counter-strike source btw. amazing game. :D

Originally posted by RhonaN

I have Hellfire #3 bios and satabios can't do anything. It can find my hdds, but it wont do anything to them. any ideas ? hdds are WD 200gb

Did you install the SATA drivers that came with your DFI-CD?

Originally posted by RhonaN

I have Hellfire #3 bios and satabios can't do anything. It can find my hdds, but it wont do anything to them. any ideas ? hdds are WD 200gb

From Hellfire re: rev#3 --

"If anyone needs the modified SATA bios, PM me and I will send it to you.

Do not use the drivers released with this new SATA bios image, those drivers are ment for the PCI add-on card."

-NJJ

Nice work NJ Jackels:)

Hellfire hacked the lastest bios for the Sil 3114. There is also a new driver that allows for Raid 5 configuration ONLY IN THE SEPERATE PCI CONTROLLER NOT THE ON-BOARD. Hellfire is cautioning RAID users NOT to try and use the newer RAID driver as it is NOT designed for the on-board Sil 3114. Add-On only!

This applies to the 8KA2 as well.

Originally posted by soundx98

Nice work NJ Jackels:)

Hellfire hacked the lastest bios for the Sil 3114. There is also a new driver that allows for Raid 5 configuration ONLY IN THE SEPERATE PCI CONTROLLER NOT THE ON-BOARD. Hellfire is cautioning RAID users NOT to try and use the newer RAID driver as it is NOT designed for the on-board Sil 3114. Add-On only!

This applies to the 8KA2 as well.

Thank god, you can explain these things very well here... I already wondered what these guys were talking about!! LOL

Greets, my friend :)

NJ Jackals. Pretty sure I have it on the LanParty on home. PM your e-mail addy if you still need it in 10 hours (7pm Chicago Time)

FDM - I think you brought up a great point. It's a huge thread.

Can anyone imagine how many hits Hellfire has Had (or TicTac or AdModDev or jess1313?

Can you imagine what it does to their internet bill.

I know Hellfire's went from like $15 per month to over a $100 with all the hits. Pretty tough on a "collich stoodant". :(

Not sure where I saw the thread, but I know some forum set up a small paypal fund for bios modders. At least a little compensation and acknowledgement for all their efforts and bandwidth.

Could probably help them buy some books or maybe a Hustler subscription. :nod:

Anyone interested in trying to set something up for these hardworking guys? I'm sure someone else feels as guilty as I do.

NJ Jackals. Pretty sure I have it on the LanParty on home. PM your e-mail addy if you still need it in 10 hours (7pm Chicago Time)

Thanks but I got it. After taking another look, the link had "http://" in it twice. I was able to download it after I discovered that. Thanks for the offer though.

-NJJ

Can you imagine what it does to their internet bill.

I know Hellfire's went from like $15 per month to over a $100 with all the hits. Pretty tough on a "collich stoodant". :(

Well, now that you brought that up, there's a solution for that :) just use a host that doesn't charge for bandwith or transfers :nod: PM if they need one ;)