Official CASE pic thread! 56k BEWARE!!

Well heres my updated rig. I just finished my first loop a few days ago. It was alot easier to set up than I thought. My rig is now quieter than ever before, and with better temps. I'm also thinking about doing something about that mesh in the front panel. I think I might get some smoked grey or black acrylic or maybe some brushed aluminum and mount it on stand-offs behind the mesh. What do you guys think?

hpim1062tx1.jpg

hpim1078sf1.jpg

hpim1080ub8.jpg

hpim1066vt1.jpg

hpim1067gi9.jpg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job inside, man!

Can we get a shot of the back? I'm curious to see how far your rad sticks out from the case. What did you use for "standoffs"?

Thanks guys. For the rad I used the rad box stock stuff except I added some 1in stand offs and longer screws, it just gave me enough room to do some of those bends without any kinks. With the rad box, standoffs and fans the rad sticks out around 4in. I'll get some shots of the back once I find my camera.

Oh and for you ppl that WC a 5/8in OD tee really helps alot with bleeding. I think I fully bled and filled the system (including all those tiny bubbles) in around two to three hours. Martinm210 at XS gave me that tip.

EDIT: Pics. Sorry they are kinda crappy, but you get the idea.

hpim1089rv7.jpg

hpim1087kr0.jpg

Thanks a bunch. But cable management really isn't as hard as you think. For my case I made a few holes behind the mother board and just routed everything from the hole by my power supply to the holes behind my mobo. Also lots of zipties and and ziptie mounts really help.

See:

hpim1075fc8.jpg

Yea the the front is nice and neat and the back is a total mess.

Well my case doesn't have much room either. I only have around 1/2 in space back there to work with but I managed to get all my cables back there. I had the same problem when I had the audio plug so I routed it just left of the pci/pcex slots to the bottom mobo tray hole. Right in this area:

asdfhk1.jpg

I don't even see it in there lol what about USB front ports or anything of that such? Doesn't look like you have any.

Also did your audio module get in the way of your fan? I had to use a razor blade and cut a piece of the fan so it would be able to fit.

Well I don't have any audio or usb plugs any more, since I put in my top window which is where all those hookups were. My fan has plenty of room, are you sure installed the audio module correctly? Cause from the audio modules little PCB to my fan there is at least 1/4-1/2 clearance. I don't know maybe you have a older or newer audio module revision. With USB plugs that I had, I just routed them strait down to the bottom mobo hole.

Edit: I got rid of the the front usb and audio because I didn't use them that often and I thought a window would look cooler. Also maybe the reason the audio thing is so close to your fans is the way your case is.

Edit#2:Another good idea to disguise those USB and Audio ports is to sleeve them black so they sort of blend in with the color of you mobo.