Official CASE pic thread! 56k BEWARE!!

It has been a great case, tons of room, and great cooling. But now I want a case with 120mm fans to help make the case more quite. I was looking at the coolmaster stacker, just need to save up some coin for it.

The Cheiftec is the best case ever in my opinion.I would just want to see a 120mm fan on the front and the back instead of 4 80mm fans to make it more up to date.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cheiftec is the best case ever in my opinion.I would just want to see a 120mm fan on the front and the back instead of 4 80mm fans to make it more up to date.

Ah, that would be an Ultra Aluminus I think. :D

I do have a soft spot for the Chieftec's as well.

Shame the door opened to the wrong side in my opinion. :)

I was thinking of putting a 120mm fan on the top for exhaust, and making the 80mm side fan a 120mm intake. I will then only run 1 intake 80mm, and 1 80mm exhaust. That sould make it a little quiter.

Dammit Carl! Ya hadda go and say that hated word - "Aluminus"! I cut myself strippin' some fans out of mine today! I hate that glorified beer can, even though it looks nice!

I have to agree with you about Bill's "Harley" mod - it's awesome! Hell, I'd love to have a case painted in that orange color he used on it.

(Speakin' of Bill, I'm moving my SLI-DR out of the Aluminus and into the good ol' SC-135 I bought from him about 4 years ago. Just goes to show - you buy a quality case and it just keeps going and going and going.....)

It has been a great case, tons of room, and great cooling. But now I want a case with 120mm fans to help make the case more quite. I was looking at the coolmaster stacker, just need to save up some coin for it.

I just got my Stacker the other day and it was worth every penny. Are you talking about the original style or the newer 830 model?

the original 810. I have it stripped down right now. Took out all of the front mesh grills and both side panels are off. I'm going to take the plastic piece on top off and use a hole saw to cut holes for mounting a triple rad on top.

I haven't spent much time with it yet but the stock fans are pretty quiet. Even the 80mm one is quiet. But I plan on replacing them all with higher cfm fans anyways. Fan noise doesn't bother me that much.

I always put higher cfm fans in, but they go on a fan controler so I can slow them down and make them quiet. When I need more air when I am gamming or running benchmark I just kick up the speed.