Nvidia Folding Client Is Out

slugbug

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as the client is minimized in the tray the cpu usage stays low and the client just flies. If you use the viewer and look at the client it is much less efficient because the image has to be rendered as well as the work being done on the client. Downloading this now to see how it does on the 9800gx2

I'm excited to see what a 9800gtx can do with this.

It occurs to me that you could build a folding 'super computer' with the right hardware and multiple instances of various clients. I'd be interested to see what the max PPD you can get from on 'rig' now will be. I figure we won't need to build farms anymore.

Would you say the GPU client is so good that I'd actually get more PPD by running the GPU alone on 8800GTS SLI than GPU and LinuxSMP clients at the same time?

Can't answer that. Just try it. Not that I need you to make it even longer before I overtake you... Hey the more ppd for the team the better.

@hardnrg, nice member title, and my response to it is no crap Shurlock.

3 WU's/196points in just above 2 hours on my 9600GT, about to be 4 WU in ~10 minutes. Of course it's a big step up from an 8600GT but it'll still churn out some nice PPD.

@ Hardnrg: No multi-gpu support yet but I'm sure someone will figure out how to run an instance on each card. That's gonna put out some wicked PPD...

yeah, I'd love to see what an instance to each client (ati & nvidia) can do running at the same time. That would also be interesting from the standpoint of finding out which brand of card churns out more WUs.