Nvidia Folding Client Is Out

slugbug

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no multi GPU support... surely... bah... it must support multi GPU Tesla, surely that's the whole point lol

Dont feel bad there is no support for crossfire, only one client runs on the 3870x2 is what they say. I have not even tried it since they say it does not work, both of mine have been laying on the table since forum wars...

some nvidia dudes on f@h forums say that multi-GPU support is coming soon... hopefully it's not non-SLI support (having to reboot to play games would be a pain...)

I hope CUDA supports SLI basically... I really want to start using CUDA apps for a number of uses, but don't want to forgo SLI... arg... c'maahn nVidia lol

alright, so this GPU client flies even with my ancient 8800 GTS :lol: - totally awesome!

my only problem is that the client seems to stop when my PC's monitor shuts off. I have the PC set to never sleep/hibernate, so this is especially weird. I didnt see it mentioned at the F@H forums linked - anyone have any ideas, tips, or fixes?

NEVERMIND - when I walked away, it was at 2700/5000, and when I got back it was at 2700/5000...I didnt check the logfile until now - it'd actually finished the initial WU and I just happened to come back and find it at the "same" place I'd left it, +1 WU

:smack:

So, my two CUDA capable PCs cant run it thanks to x64 versions of XP and Vista. Wonderful, however I did move one of the 8800GTs to the Edit rig. I guess we'll see how that goes.

EDIT: Oh great, Turns out that it just bluescreened on the Edit rig...AHHH!!!!

EDIT: Ok so now it seems that if I dont start the viewer it runs fine, but if i launch the viewer it's insta lockup followed by a BSOD. Guess I should disable auto restart and look at it if there's a next time for a BSOD.

It certainly uses a full core of my quad though :-\

EDIT:Well good and bad. Seems to lag up the system rater badly Guess I'll just have to pause when doing work.

With a 2919ppd estimate out of the 8800 @ stock clocks I have the urge to get 32bit XP back on the main rig for occasional use. And to try XP out on the new Laptop. Never expected to have a CUDA capable laptop around here, but hey I do and it would be a shame to let it go to waste :)

Edited by cchalogamer

Sweetness... been wanting to join OCC's F@H team. Since this client's out consider another member on the team. Currently chugging through my first WU now. ::eyes his pretty little DNA icon slowly coming into reach:: :ph34r: