Watercooling Information & Suggestions

ok I've got a question.I'm gonna be using distilled water in my loop what a good brand name additive for prevention corrosion.Also all my parts are cooper,I don't know if that matters or not.heres the parts list with their prices from performance-pcs.com also just in case you think I should make any changes.

*Note have not bought any of this.

EK-Supreme LT (LIGHT) CPU Water Block (S 775 & 1366) - Acetal

- Fitting Size 1/2" Barb for 1/2" ID tube$49.95

EK-FC295 GTX SLI Water Block for Nvidia 295GTX

- Fitting Size 1/2" Barb for 1/2" ID tube$159.95

Swiftech MCP655

Hi everyone, first post here. What do you guys know about water cooled cases?

I'm starting to plan out a new system, and have decided to go with an Intel core i7 Extreme edition, and an SLI configuration. I also plan to OC the proc and video procs, and incorporate a water cooling system (first time attempting either)

I'm confident I could install an H2O cooler with no problem but after seeing some of the cases that have embedded water cooling, I really like that idea. (I'm leaning toward the Zalman LQ1000)

My question is, does anyone have experience with a solution like this? I've read some reviews on this case but, they're only testing it by cooling the processor, and I don't think they're overclocking. If I want to water cool the OC'd proc and up to 3 video cards, I'm not sure that this system could keep up. I realize I can build my own H2O system for far less than this high dollar case but, I like the fact that it's all integrated. However, if I'm going to have to modify it further with another pump and/or a bigger radiator just to make it cool enough, it's probably not worth it.

I didn't take the time to read through the entire thread so, I apologize if this has already been covered. Thanks in advance!

Looks like a great site BTW!

• 4 months later...

Hey guys.

Recently built an i7 rig in an RC832 case.

I'm looking to WC the CPU for next summer as my local group of buddies have a LAN party coming up then.

My main questions are:

will a 2x120 rad be enough to cool a D0 @ 3.6-3.8?

And is mounting a 2x120 in the 5.25" bays possible?

Can anyone recommend a nice custom kit for this?

I don't really have a price limit. Although nothing redonkulous lol

I've had my share of HSF's over the years. and I'm pretty sick of huge behemoths in my case. lol

Case noise isn't a problem. I have 4 120mm Sharkoon Golfballs. Quiet and decent airflow for my mobo and GTX260. I just like to see my i7 at nice temps lol.

Thnks in advance. You guys here never let me down.

Edited by Keishii~89

• 2 months later...
Good depending on how aggressive you are with the CPU overclock. A mild overclock it can handle just fne. Also What CPU?

Well, I don't really overclock my stuff until after it's warranty expires. But I do know that overclockers know a lot about cooling so here I am asking about cooling. I'm looking at a couple of options right now but the main one I'm leaning too is to use a Phenom x4: 9750+ as my CPU. My main concern about the H50 is how it does not have a resistor on it like I've seen on other water coolers but I do like how clutter free it is and it's small footprint compared to say a Cooler Master GeminII S. From the reviews of the H50 on Newegg it looks like the only con is that I'll have to get a bracket to mount it on an AMD system from Corsair.

• 4 weeks later...
Is the Corsair H50 any good? Would be nice to not have a huge heat sink over my CPU for a change.

I just installed one on an OC'd Athlon X4 620. I originally did it without removing the mobo from the tower. I attached the Corsair heat sink bracket to the backing plate that held the original HSF in place. It only lowered my temps by about 5 degrees. I pulled the mobo and removed the original metal back plate and replaced it with the plastic Corsair plate. Made a huge difference. Lowered my full load temps by 20+ degrees. Currently OC'd to 3.3GHz. Full load temps 38-42 degrees depending on room temp. There were 58-65 degrees on air. Makes me wonder what the designer was thinking to put a metal plate with no way to dissipate the heat under a hot CPU.

Edited by nanoprobe

. From the reviews of the H50 on Newegg it looks like the only con is that I'll have to get a bracket to mount it on an AMD system from Corsair.

They now include a bracket for AMD in the packaging.