DIY-Street Folders - Make The Switch!

AnUnknownSource

lol, it doesnt get quite that hot here. I have 2 machines running in my room 24/7 and it hovers around 20c inside (~13c outside) read by a cheapo digital thermometer. With the Server having an Ultima-90 & Low speed CM 120mm fan, it gets to about 45-48c with 100% usage. My main, which is on water, hovers around 40-42c at 100%.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's plain dumb. I specifically DON'T have a password for a reason ... it's a drag. What a pain in the rear.

I don't really want to add a password either, because the TweakUI toy is prone to failing for me and reverting to require a log-in screen on reboot ... which I simply can't be dealing with. Argh.

Single core folding for now I'm afraid.

Start -> Run -> enter this command "control userpasswords2"

Then you can uncheck the "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" box

This is how I do auto logon with password:

MAKE A PASSWORD FIRST! (in Control Panel > User Accounts)

-----------------------------------------------------

XP: Logon Automatically When Starting Windows

Description -

Restart your system without having to manually log on.

Directions -

By default XP requires a user to logon everytime he/she restarts the system. For single user systems this continues to be a good practice for security reasons; however, many users find the process of logging-in silly in a one-user system.

The recipe will describe how the user can have XP automatically log-in during start-up.

Here's the manual way to do this:

1. Click on the Start Menu

2. Click Run

3. In the open field type: control userpasswords2

4. Click OK

5. An User Accounts Dialog Box will open.

6. Select the Users Tab

7. Clear the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer checkbox

8. Select the Advanced Tab

9. If it is not already, clear the Require users to press Ctrl-Alt-Del before logging on checkbox

10. Press Apply

11. A dialog box will open asking you for user name and password

12. Input the information into these fields

13. Click OK

14. Click on Start Menu again

15. Open your Control Panel

16. Open User Accounts

17. Click Change the way users log on or off

18. If it is not already, clear checkbox for Use the Welcome Screen

19. If it is not already, clear checkbox for Use Fast User Switching

20. Click the Apply Options button

21. Reboot to see your results

-----------------------------------------------------

Haha, yea. That Totally slipped my mind at the time. Thanks for adding that.

On another note, YAY! Looks like Jachyra switched over to 12772! Another of our top producers over at the Street

Bout time :P

Hey now - looks like no one gave me the memo about groups merging/team switching/etc...

Thats the only way you could beat me though - switch folding teams and let me go on with the old one :(:blink::withstupid:

looks like the next paycheck will build 3 quads and then we'll see who's laughin!

Lol, it doesnt get quite that hot here. I have 2 machines running in my room 24/7 and it hovers around 20c inside (~13c outside) read by a cheapo digital thermometer. With the Server having an Ultima-90 & Low speed CM 120mm fan, it gets to about 45-48c with 100% usage. My main, which is on water, hovers around 40-42c at 100%.

I'm pulling 20-24c indoors, and 52c on both cores is about the limit. And thats with water! I wonder if the e6750 at 3.5Ghz/1.41v has anything to do with that...

Edited by Jachyra007

Thanks for the welcome! which is more than EllisD could give - not even a 'HI', just a "what the heck have you been?" [where tf have you been?]

All I need now is a folding icon, my old post count of 620, and join date of 4-15-2006 and I'll be all set.

edit: w t f changes to what the heck? w t f? lol...

Edited by Jachyra007

Hi Jach! :D

Wowza, 3 quads! I couldnt pull that off if i wanted to. The power in my house sucks and I am already on the verge of blowing a breaker when they turn on those crappy little space heaters on downstairs.

Im thinkin i could upgrade my e2180 to one of those new xeon quads, maybe build a quad for an machine in the living room for media purposes...that way i can spread the power out over the house, lol.

Glad you joined us :)

Grats momo :P