Global Collapse.

Yeah, we're dependant on technology... ever heard of redundancy?

5 years ago interfacing with most forms of technology was far more complex than it is today, so that trend isn't going to reverse....

You seem to be complaining about political structure, allocation of power etc... erm, yeah - that's how it's always worked. Give me an example of any system that's different and successful. (I don't like it, but it's true)

The world has always faced turmoil... The only difference now is that there are more people on the planet, and more weapons. Yes, I think a change is inevitable, partly because BUSH WILL SOON BE OUT OF OFFICE...but the world will never see peace until education is our (the world population's) number one priority. This will not happen, for a long long time, if ever. There are just way too many ignorant, uneducated people...which makes for angry people, which makes for greed and war mongering.

• 2 weeks later...
Honestly, I just hope I'm alive to see the day that technology allows us to find another intelligent life form (I have no doubt they're out there (Contact: "Seems like an awful waste of space" :P)). That will be the day that old-world religions crumble or restructure and human understanding takes its next step. It'll also be the day that many cultures realize just how trivial their differences are.

Actually the pope has stated that it would not be in contradiction to Christian religion that other forms of life exist because they are all Gods creatures; of course this would mean that they all somehow came to Christianity as a religion which I find non-feasible. Sorry no direct link I read it in a book called "The Matter Myth", it's a great book that is not pushing ideas on you but speaks about the paradigm shifts of humanity. Many people still believe that the universe is like Newtons clock analogy, all a well-tuned machine where one action directly creates another, similar to playing pool.

The exponential growth of technology will soon grow beyond our understanding and control. The religious masses obey corrupted leaders who swim in unmeasurable wealth. Governments disregard the people they were sworn to lead and protect in search and personal wealth and satisfaction, and inhuman entertainment. Social systems are being crushed below the corruption around; education systems are in the gutter. Funds are not being given where they should be (in our own country), but instead spent by the trillions on wars which the people never wanted. The environment is dying. People are losing faith in everything. Our world cannot handle so much stress, we are on the verge of global collapse, some kind of revolution is inevitable.

People live their lives in a bubbles, the inside is painted with pretty picture put there by the systems. You obey the pictures, they are the only things you have ever known, they are truth because you know no other. Some people can partially see through the bubbles, able to tell right from wrong, they have a mind of their own even though they obey the given laws in order to keep stability and know routines in their lives. Others are unyielding, the bubble is all that exists to them, their mind so warped by lies that they will obey anything asked of them. Extremists.

Discuss.

Hell yeah. Sounds like my kind of world. B:)

I just love hearing different points of view. Expend my mental horizons.

You might consider expanding your horizons instead of expending them. You'll live longer and probably have a brighter outlook about our messed up planet.

The exponential growth of technology will soon grow beyond our understanding and control.

Um...no more than it ever has before.

The religious masses obey corrupted leaders who swim in unmeasurable wealth.

Why single out religious masses here? Everybody obeys corrupted leaders because there is little else to do, whether you like it or not. As for who is corrupt and how serious the condition is, that is an entire different discussion and largely based on personal views.

Governments disregard the people they were sworn to lead and protect in search and personal wealth and satisfaction, and inhuman entertainment.

To an extent, of course. There are always exceptions and (in general) more good than bad is done in most modern governments.

Social systems are being crushed below the corruption around; education systems are in the gutter. Funds are not being given where they should be (in our own country), but instead spent by the trillions on wars which the people never wanted.

So you speak for "the people" huh? Guess what, once a war is started it can't just be stopped. Whether you like it or not the war was supported at the time it was begun. In any case I'd hardly blame a war for misplaced funds (however useless you may think it is), I'm sure vast quantities of cash are blown on stuff even more useless.

The environment is dying.

The environment is not dying.

People are losing faith in everything. Our world cannot handle so much stress, we are on the verge of global collapse, some kind of revolution is inevitable.

Possibly, but can't you imagine how much fun that would be? If you check back through history it could well be argued that we've been on the verge of a 'global collapse' for the better part of a hundred years. In fact it's not like America has really had that many periods of actual peace at all. Yeah, some of that's due to trying to build a country on new land, some is due to helping other when it's needed, and sometimes it's due to sticking our noses into other peoples' business. Those last two happen to be part of this country, you can't get around it. If it seems bad now, well I hope you get over it soon because I doubt much is going to change anytime in the foreseeable future. It's part of life. As much as you'd love everybody to get along, what would you be willing to sacrifice to make it happen? Would you be willing to give up 3/4ths of your home? All your money? Your religion? Your land? You can't just wish people would get along and have them all of a sudden conform to the way you want them to get along. They have their way of life and want to keep it (at least for such things as families, customs, religions, language, and land) just like you have your way of life and likely aren't willing to give it up.

The point is these things will take a long, long time to resolve. It took hundreds of years (if not more, I'm no historian) for the empires in Europe to balance out and work together. And even still I'm sure there are some things each would like changed about each other. Trying to get peace to happen all across the world is something that just won' happen. True peace won't come until people's are integrated more, which is probably why NAFTA was developed. Work close to home and try to bring stability there, then worry about other things, right?

If world peace were to happen in the next 500 years, it would only be because something catastrophic happened. World domination by a single nation with mass genocide of peoples everywhere. Nations coming together when the whole planet is threatened by something (asteroid, aliens, whatever). Perhaps if a god were to actually show him/her/their true form(s) to all the people.

Anyways, continuing on.

People live their lives in a bubbles, the inside is painted with pretty picture put there by the systems. You obey the pictures, they are the only things you have ever known, they are truth because you know no other. Some people can partially see through the bubbles, able to tell right from wrong, they have a mind of their own even though they obey the given laws in order to keep stability and know routines in their lives. Others are unyielding, the bubble is all that exists to them, their mind so warped by lies that they will obey anything asked of them. Extremists.

And? Of course everybody has their own perceptions! Perhaps they are misguided, perhaps everyone else is. Some are willing to change, some aren't. Way to describe psychology. Just because people don't see things the same way you do doesn't make them wrong. Have you considered the possibility that they are right and you aren't?

When he said threads like this tend to die and lock, it's basically because threads like this are designed to stir up an argument. An argument that will without a doubt lead nowhere.

If we are going to talk about trillions of wasted dollars, I can think of about 50% of our federal budget (transfer payments) that needs to be looked at before we start blaming waste on 'wars.' That's like having an anvil on your left foot and complaining that you can't walk because of the rock in your shoe on your right foot.

the past 5 years have seen more advancments than the last couple millions.

Explain to me what has been done in the past 5 years that was so great than the previous 5. Let alone the millions before. I agree technology is faster today, mostly due to peoples availability to information and resources. But tbh, I don't see technology moving any faster today than it did 5 years ago, hell even 20 years ago. I see things nearly every day, and wonder to myself, with todays technology, why that thing isn't ALOT different and better. Sure, computers are a tad faster, I guess. But to me it seems like things have leveled off in the past 5 years.

Edited by Fight Game

Actually the pope has stated that it would not be in contradiction to Christian religion that other forms of life exist because they are all Gods creatures; of course this would mean that they all somehow came to Christianity as a religion which I find non-feasible.

Well that isn't necessarily true. The is the whole thing about God giving us the ability to make the choice of what to believe in. So that being said, the population of Earth disproves what you say. Because there are plenty of religions right here on Earth that aren't even similar to Christianity. Myself being one of those people, I'm agnostic.

As for the original post I have to disagree. The interesting thing about people and living things is the vast ability to adapt and change to new environments, technologies, and life in general. As the old adage goes: "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."