Global Collapse.

The exponential growth of technology will soon grow beyond our understanding and control. The religious masses obey corrupted leaders who swim in unmeasurable wealth. Governments disregard the people they were sworn to lead and protect in search and personal wealth and satisfaction, and inhuman entertainment. Social systems are being crushed below the corruption around; education systems are in the gutter. Funds are not being given where they should be (in our own country), but instead spent by the trillions on wars which the people never wanted. The environment is dying. People are losing faith in everything. Our world cannot handle so much stress, we are on the verge of global collapse, some kind of revolution is inevitable.

People live their lives in a bubbles, the inside is painted with pretty picture put there by the systems. You obey the pictures, they are the only things you have ever known, they are truth because you know no other. Some people can partially see through the bubbles, able to tell right from wrong, they have a mind of their own even though they obey the given laws in order to keep stability and know routines in their lives. Others are unyielding, the bubble is all that exists to them, their mind so warped by lies that they will obey anything asked of them. Extremists.

Discuss.

Edited by Psychotic_god

But the good news is....

I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

Seriously though, this is the first instance where I'd like "The Alley" back because I'm sure I'll be closing this soon...

Having said that, this is NOT fact. It may be based on fact, but what you've presented here is an interpretation of information (some might be facts), and an extremely pessimistic one at that.

The truth is, $%^& happens. I'd like to cure world hunger tomorrow, but I can't. So I do what I can, I vote for the change I want, and I try to use my sphere of influence to make things the way I think they should be. As cheesy as it sounds, Ghandi was right. "We must be the change we wish to see in the world." Or if you don't like that, how about the other end of the social spectrum, DMX. "To live is to suffer. To survive... well... that's to find meaning in the suffering."

It's not perfect, and it never will be as long as human beings are free. The question is, what are you going to do about it?

Why close this? This is an intelligent discussion between me and the people willing to discuss this topic, Im not offending anyone, just wanna hear some feedback on philosophy of mine ^_______^

Well you posted just now, so I'd say it's not closed.... :unsure:

My point was that rarely do these discussions stay on target. Especially given the phrasing of the OP and your insistence that your statements (many are obviously opinions) are indeed fact. But I sincerely hope I'm proven wrong. We'll see...

Well you posted just now, so I'd say it's not closed.... :unsure:

My point was that rarely do these discussions stay on target. Especially given the phrasing of the OP and your insistence that your statements (many are obviously opinions) are indeed fact. But I sincerely hope I'm proven wrong. We'll see...

Alright alright, so I got a bit of a"fight club" philosophy attitude, my apologies. You and I go way back, you know Im not a troublemaker ;) , I just love hearing different points of view. Expend my mental horizons.

So how about it folks?

Lets start it like this: technology! the past 5 years have seen more advancments than the last couple millions. What is this going to look like 5-10 years from now? can we handle that kind of change?

Change that can't be handled usually ends up destroying itself anyhow, then resurfacing when we are ready for it.

There are a million examples of it throughout history, Like gunpowder for instance.

Change that can't be handled usually ends up destroying itself anyhow, then resurfacing when we are ready for it.

There are a million examples of it throughout history, Like gunpowder for instance.

The problem is that gunpowder wasnt necessary for survival. A lot of people consider the technology they use absolutely crucial to their lives. Did anyone see the south park epuisode whereevrybody woke up and had no internet? do you know how realistic that is? people have become so dependent on technology.

So how about it folks?

Lets start it like this: technology! the past 5 years have seen more advancments than the last couple millions. What is this going to look like 5-10 years from now? can we handle that kind of change?

Your statistics are heavily weighted in order to make your point. You're phrasing the question to get the answer you want.

Millions of years? Man has existed (in any form) for how much of that? What's the point of discussing technology growth rates of a non-sentient population? You can take the origin of "technology" all the way back to the first stone wheel if you want, but even then your timeline is hugely skewed.

Also, think of this... go back to the stone age and explain to those folks what we have today, but phrase it as a "what if?". Don't you think they'd predict total collapse? It's a matter of relative perspective. We'll handle it just fine. I don't see where the doom-and-gloom attitude comes from on technological development. I don't have the slightest clue how an X-Ray or CT scan works, but I still believe they're good for the species. Someone on the planet understands it, and that's good enough for me.

Actually it's interesting that you'd single this point out from all your others for two reasons. First of all, it's the only one I didn't agree with at all (the doom-and-gloom associated with it, that is). But secondly, because I believe it has the capability to alleviate many of the stresses that cause all the other "problems" you mentioned. Honestly, I just hope I'm alive to see the day that technology allows us to find another intelligent life form (I have no doubt they're out there (Contact: "Seems like an awful waste of space" :P)). That will be the day that old-world religions crumble or restructure and human understanding takes its next step. It'll also be the day that many cultures realize just how trivial their differences are.

Anywho.... I guess you asked, so there ya go :P