Peletier

ok so I've been doing alot of reading and I've come to find out that my 170watt tec at full tilt will cool my cpu to about 10-13c idle. now what do I need to set this thing up?? I have a killer w/c setup so dissapating the heat will not be an issue, I have a spar psu I can use just to power the tec if need be and I have the tec and can use a molex or pci-e connector to power it, which would work better?? also what besides this do I need to make this thing runn niely without any type of condensation damage to my board?? I know there is a risk involed so it will only be used for benching, and if I can set it up successfully I will use it during the summer warz.

most (all?) PSUs require 3.3v and 5v rails to be loaded in order to draw substantial current on the 12v rail

I doubt very much that a 170W TEC will cool a Q6600 that much... maybe at stock voltage... but even then I wouldn't put money on it...

take a look at what is involved for protecting your motherboard here: http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/swiftech_mcw6500t/

thanks nrg. I bought a 320 watta pelt like 5 minutes ago and one of those standalone psu's like the one in your review, that should do the trick. I'm gonna have to buy the insulation later because now I'm tapped out, but it should be set up for the summer warz, hello 4.5ghz on my q6600, lol

thanks nrg. I bought a 320 watta pelt like 5 minutes ago and one of those standalone psu's like the one in your review, that should do the trick. I'm gonna have to buy the insulation later because now I'm tapped out, but it should be set up for the summer warz, hello 4.5ghz on my q6600, lol

More like hello burned motherboard/CPU, or even hello burned down house :lol:

Phil be sure to get one of these, just pull the pin and throw the whole thing in the fire...
Reminds me of Moss on "The IT Crowd":

"I'll just put this over here with the rest of the fire."

hillarious

Edited by Andrewr05