Gun Nuts - This Is Sure To Boil Your Blood:

Waco

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/bestoftv/...r.govt.guns.cnn

The damn thing misfired two rounds when hot so the ATF raided his house, took all of his weapons and computers, then proceeded to convict him of illegally trafficking a machine gun. What. The. crap.

What's really interesting is that someone on the range would have had to report this for the govt to even know about it. Who would report such a thing if it truly only happened one time out of 800? Not to mention, it seems he appeared in court and a jury found him guilty, so there must have been further evidence than what's being reported. Something sounds fishy with that story.

PS. I've fired an AR-15. Sweet gun.

Not to mention, it seems he appeared in court and a jury found him guilty, so there must have been further evidence than what's being reported.

I'd just chalk it up to there being a retarded jury. I've seen crazier things get through in court before because of a bad jury.

I've shot the AR-15 and the carbine version as well, both, as you say, are nice weapons. There are a lot of critics of guns in this country, and I hear you, but guns don't kill people, people kill people. Taking away peoples' guns only means those who legally and responsibly want to own a firearm are placed at a disadvantage against a criminal element that operates, obviously, outside the law, meaning if they want guns, they're gonna get guns. No amount of "gun control" is going to keep guns out of the hands of criminals. Sorry about ranting, still in an obscenely foul mood... ::grumble about my stolen gun::

I'd just chalk it up to there being a retarded jury. I've seen crazier things get through in court before because of a bad jury.
AGREED

Just because you're part of a jury doesn't mean you aren't biased towards one thing or the other.

I'm willing to bet that they are highly against guns in general.

Ridiculous, I'm willing to bet that the guy accidentally bump fired the rifle, a malfunction would not cause the rifle to fire more than one round...

AGREED

Just because you're part of a jury doesn't mean you aren't biased towards one thing or the other.

I'm willing to bet that they are highly against guns in general.

Ridiculous, I'm willing to bet that the guy accidentally bump fired the rifle, a malfunction would not cause the rifle to fire more than one round...

Well then that guy's lawyer sucks if he couldn't keep biased anti-gun people off the jury.

No, the rifle did shoot two rounds with one trigger pull. The gun was hot (having shot nearly 800 rounds) and sometimes it happens. The gun promptly jammed after the burst though. :lol:

Well then that guy's lawyer sucks if he couldn't keep biased anti-gun people off the jury.

Unfortunately it can't keep gullible/stupid people off of the jury though.

I would have thought that most people have an opinion, for or against - gun control is a simple issue, even for those simple Wisconsin folk...

No, the rifle did shoot two rounds with one trigger pull. The gun was hot (having shot nearly 800 rounds) and sometimes it happens. The gun promptly jammed after the burst though. :lol:
Theoretically, as usual on OCC we don't hear the whole story. (well no one ever hears the whole story)

Have you ever seen or heard a gun bumpfire? (I'm not calling you out I was just wondering)

Its very hard to distinguish between someone squeezing the trigger once (auto) and someone very rapidly engaging the trigger.

Its not that hard to do, I've seen it done on accident before...

I'm not disagreeing with you though I've seen some firearms do some weird stuff after having quite a few rounds fired through them or from using a not well maintained weapon...

Edited by Andrewr05

• 2 weeks later...
Unfortunately it can't keep gullible/stupid people off of the jury though.

Correction. The only people remaining in the jury are the stupid/gulible ones because they were too dumb to get out of jury duty in the first place.

I haven't been around here in a while, and this is the first I've heard of this. Does anyone know if the case has ended? What was the sentence?