Think I Burned My Rig Up

road-runner

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! I thought I was doing crappy the other day my evga 680i A1 burst into flames when I turned on the pc!!! I saw it and quickly hit the psu killswitch and all my stuff except for the 680i made it ok though Nice that mobo looked melted pretty gnarly to.

I got lucky both cards are ok also, if I had not been standing right there when it happened to unplug it I might not have been so lucky. I also seen why the one tubing popped off before the others. I am using those plastic zip clamps and the one that came of was for the next size up tubing and was not tightening properly. I guess if it wouldn't have popped off and none of the others popped off either it would have got so hot it would have burn the VCs up. Man I happy right now everything survived....

Thats why I use stainless steel worm drive clamps!!! Glad it still works

Nice! I thought I was doing crappy the other day my evga 680i A1 burst into flames when I turned on the pc!!! I saw it and quickly hit the psu killswitch and all my stuff except for the 680i made it ok though Nice that mobo looked melted pretty gnarly to.

Pics? :rolleyes:

I am thinking phase is the way to go....

Definitely! I know the expense is more, but you can't beat an SS for 24/7 use. Considering a good water cooling setup will cost you around $300 paying $500 - $600 for a custom SS isn't that bad of an increase in price.

Definitely! I know the expense is more, but you can't beat an SS for 24/7 use.

obviously you're talking about phase here, but what exactly does SS stand for?

Considering a good water cooling setup will cost you around $300 paying $500 - $600 for a custom SS isn't that bad of an increase in price.

yeah, y'know...only double :lol:

SS is just lazy man short for Single Stage. Phase can be categorized in stages. For example you have Single Stage which means basically one loop. There is also 2-stage and 3-stage cascades that double and triple the cooling performance respectively, however 2 and 3 stage cascades temps get way too cold to run 24/7. Plus if a single stage is $500+ just imagine what a 2 or 3 stager costs. :)