another thread for new ram

Yea, you can test how low they'll keep running 800 :) My A-Data Value sticks can run 800 @ 4-3-3-9, however I need at least 2.25V's for that, but when I run 800 @ 4-5-5-12, it's only 1.95V's

Alright. hope they honor the rebate :X

How much of an improvement is going from 800 to 1000+? Numberwise that's a big increase, but does it increase computer performance noticeably?

From all the research and reading that I've done, it makes a VERY small difference. Outside of synthetic benchmarks, I doubt you'd ever notice. The reason to have fast ram is so that you can push your CPU speeds up to the max, but beyond that, there's really no reason to push memory higher.

A lot of people seem to think that if the package says 1066, then it's going to be faster, but in reality it's only faster if your CPU can do that speed too.

From all the research and reading that I've done, it makes a VERY small difference. Outside of synthetic benchmarks, I doubt you'd ever notice. The reason to have fast ram is so that you can push your CPU speeds up to the max, but beyond that, there's really no reason to push memory higher.

A lot of people seem to think that if the package says 1066, then it's going to be faster, but in reality it's only faster if your CPU can do that speed too.

:withstupid: